Sadlebags 2zzge conversion, small track write up page 4

Started by Sadlebag, January 5, 2015, 20:38

Gazbills

Quote from: "Sadlebag"

Only just realised, mine's also a black 03 plate. Do like the alloys you've picked up.
2ZZ-GE converted 03, black, TRD bodykit + scoops, hardtop, Meister R coilovers,  TTE exhaust with sports cat, Apexi PFC + TTE style bar & Rota Subzero 16\'s

Sadlebag

I think Patrick has ordered most of them parts for me / got them on his shelf!

Mine is a bit tatty on the bumpers and bonnet but it was cheap and I plan to change the bumpers at some point to!

It will keep me busy for a while. Well once my foot puts itself back together anyway!

cabbydave

Patrick does the maf sensor holder himself now on a 3D printer if you need any help Gaz im only in Stockport and have done a few conversions for people and myself.

Gazbills

Quote from: "cabbydave"Patrick does the maf sensor holder himself now on a 3D printer if you need any help Gaz I'm only in Stockport and have done a few conversions for people and myself.

Cheers Dave. Will def keep that in mind. Got Vinny helping out at the mo. He's done a few conversions on mk2's and mk3's. Looking forward to the learning curve.

Gaz
2ZZ-GE converted 03, black, TRD bodykit + scoops, hardtop, Meister R coilovers,  TTE exhaust with sports cat, Apexi PFC + TTE style bar & Rota Subzero 16\'s

Sadlebag

Right well guys I have been very busy shopping.

I acquired:

Baffled sump
Lightened flywheel (not sure to mate this to a normal clutch or the act clutch)
Matt performance Central brace
Meister R coilovers
El creation front bumper and a TRD rear valance!
Front splitter with built in under tray!

And finally wilwood brake kit for the front!

Sadlebag

This has been proven to increase front end grip!

Most of this is going to get fitted after it comes back from Patrick but it's gearing towards being track ready for Japfest!

Anonymous

You've been busy!!

What flywheel and sump you go for ?

I'm just going with a standard Exedy clutch, don't think I'd need a updated one?

Can't wait to fit my brakes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sadlebag"

This has been proven to increase front end grip!

Most of this is going to get fitted after it comes back from Patrick but it's gearing towards being track ready for Japfest!

Guess you'll need to trim it down a lot to fit the bumper?

Sadlebag

Yeah it's been designed so you trim it to fit

Anonymous

Ok, be interested to see it

MilesH

Have you got a link for that front splitter by any chance? I've just been looking at flat floors and considering what would be best to do.

Do you know if it is properly effective (i.e. you can stand on it?)

Thanks

Sadlebag

Quote from: "MilesH"Have you got a link for that front splitter by any chance? I've just been looking at flat floors and considering what would be best to do.

Do you know if it is properly effective (i.e. you can stand on it?)

Thanks

This is his ebay page.

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/superray23k/m ... _ipg&_from m

Message him on their and ask if he will make you one, I got mine from a member who decided not to fit his in the end!

MilesH

Thanks!

Sadlebag

Well car has gone down to Patrick today, it was very much like a mini meet, with Andy and Andy down there, mark and then even the boss turned up! My original plan of trying to put the engine in the passenger side didn't work, its bigger than I thought so had to do a last minute van hire and drove down in that. Actually worked out cheaper than putting it on a pallet!

I got the bumpers they i got off vinny, unfortunately the rear bumper got heavily scratched in transit on my way back and well after polishing the best i could, it is going to need a respray!

So fingers crossed an some point in about 3/4 weeks time, possibly sooner ill be seeing what the 2zzge is like in the MR2...

So list of things i think I still need to get.

Rear spoiler.
Rear diffuser.
TTE or similar twin exit exhaust.
Side skirts.

I think that would be it for now after that!

Big thank you to Mark or meeerk. Mis calculated how big two bumpers and an undertray would be and well one thing didn't fit. He brought it down to patricks for me and i was able to transport it back in the van, so again thank you for that  s:) :) s:) .

andyroo104

Always nice to meet members and put faces to names,your car is going to be a nice piece of kit once finished.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sadlebag"Well car has gone down to Patrick today, it was very much like a mini meet, with Andy and Andy down there, mark and then even the boss turned up! My original plan of trying to put the engine in the passenger side didn't work, its bigger than I thought so had to do a last minute van hire and drove down in that. Actually worked out cheaper than putting it on a pallet!

I got the bumpers they i got off vinny, unfortunately the rear bumper got heavily scratched in transit on my way back and well after polishing the best i could, it is going to need a respray!

So fingers crossed an some point in about 3/4 weeks time, possibly sooner ill be seeing what the 2zzge is like in the MR2...

So list of things i think I still need to get.

Rear spoiler.
Rear diffuser.
TTE or similar twin exit exhaust.
Side skirts.

I think that would be it for now after that!

Big thank you to Mark or meeerk. Mis calculated how big two bumpers and an undertray would be and well one thing didn't fit. He brought it down to patricks for me and i was able to transport it back in the van, so again thank you for that  s:) :) s:) .

You are welcome, happy to help.

By the way "that will be it" NEVER happens, there is always something else!  s:) :) s:)

Sadlebag

Haha oh don't you worry, this is only for stage 1!! I need to give my wallet a rest to do anything else lol.

Sadlebag

Got a little pic from Patrick today, he's done a few bits to it like swapping the looms and putting on the sunp and pulleys, he's even cleaned it for me which I didn't even ask him to do.

Anonymous

Good going.

It did need a clean to be fair!

Sadlebag

To be honest I never had a good proper look at it, looking at others you only really get to see the top of the engine when it's in the mr2 so I was just going to polish that up a bit.

Anonymous

Fair enough! Been buying anyother parts? Bet you can't wait to get it back!! Keep the pics coming

Sadlebag

No no more parts,waiting to get the car back before I buy more, already have a pile building in my storage shed to fit!!!

headcase

yes I thought I give a quick clean up yes engine all done sump on ,flywheel , on wiring done , gearbox being done then I put it in then I get some more pics  s:) :) s:)

Sadlebag

Well Patrick is hard at work as always, I got a few pics yesterday of how it's going. I really should of got the engine cleaned as its so different compared to the gearbox.

Kimitech

Soon I believe, I´ll have one TTE twin exhaust for sale.

Tags: