soft top roof and subframe fitting HELP REQUIRED

Started by adeyk9, January 7, 2015, 17:24

adeyk9

my current 2 softop has been cut open.  thankfully one of the forum members provided me with one. any chance anyone could fit it for me. apparently its easier if you have taken the current roof off the fuy who sold it to me said it took him 45 min to take off so around that time is probably needed. i guess its just needs an extra hole drilled into the subframe because its from a new 2 and mine is a pre facelift. my cars sorn of the road so mechanics is out the option without big receipts!
so if anyone could be so kind to lend me a hand in return a pint kebab and a big smile on a 2 owners face   s:D :D s:D

adeyk9

i see loads of people veiwing my post.
 if anyone is in or near to the berkshire area and can come.to fit it on my drive i will pay you for your time. just need it done as mrs has taken the audi

foxy-stoat

I cannot help with the fitting but if you strip out all the storage bins and associated plastic trims then it is probably 45 minutes work, assuming you have the replacement soft top still attached on the cage.  Only tools that are needed are a few sockets and a little patience.

Facelift crossmembers fit on prefacelift cars ok but the suspension arms can be an arse to remove, so it could be a quick or lengthy job with a fair amount of swearing.

Hopefully if you give if more than 1 day, some local folk could lend a hand.

adeyk9

thanks foxy but im no good with anything that needs patience!!! hopefully meeeerk sees my post he offered to helo in summer but it never happened as we didnt exchange details.

adeyk9

offer still stands if anyone around the windsor berkshire area im willing to pick and drop just need the roof replaced (with subframe. will pay

foxy-stoat

Have you tried 3S Service Centre in Hook, not too far from you.  You will need to have a 4 wheel alinement done afterwards as well.  Try them for a quote if you get stuck.

adeyk9

i had a mr2 owner and repairer by the name of Dick sloan come and do my roof for me. he did it in under 2 hours replaced my roof charged me next to nothing. not to mention he lives 4 hours away so to say im happy is an understatement. just luck he was picking a smt failed 2 near my area. Thanks for the service center hook up will be using them to fit my new grooved discs and brakes  s:) :) s:)

Tags: