Pre cat questions

Started by adeyk9, January 28, 2015, 09:29

adeyk9

Hey people
 Just wondering if anyone could lend me a hand in the Berkshire area gutting out my cats on my 2.  Also I wanted some advice what i need to get for once ive had them removed.   I recall seeing a post saying i will need o2 sensors as the eml may stay on, as a result of the precats not being their ? am i right to think that? okay so if anyone could help as id rather get what needs doing done while the cars being looked at so would probably need some.help on the exhaust pipes and what not!!!

Ardent

adeyk9

thank you buddy offered to supply me with a pre gutted  manifold. told.me.to get the 3 amigos? where from.guys plus gasket rings??? anything.else i need would appreciate the feedback as i want the cat out asap but dont want to do half a job!. i will be looking for a new backbox or tailpipe what ever the exhaust bit at the backs called! anyone selling one they no longer use ?

adeyk9

can someone tell me what i need to buy when changing/taking out my precats? i have a doner gutted manifold so im doing a straight swap are these the gasket rings i need ?  m http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/exha ... aust-clamp m  if not which ones and a link please. also what about the 3 amigos and anything else ive missed thanks.
p.s the 2 is waiting for this full service so the sooner the better !

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]He who shall not be named .... shall not be named   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   We would appreciate it if you could use a more regular English with spaced words, we have members who are not English speakers who will find it difficult to understand your commentary especially if they're using translators.
Thankyou   s:) :) s:)   [/MOD}
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Wabbitkilla

Ok, now to more help.

You will probably find the bolts that hold the heat shield on will either round off or shear. It's nother really serious to worry about as you don't actually need the heatshield on but you can buy bolts loads of places if you want to replace them.

Gaskets are best from Toyota or a reliable OEM supplier like Euro Car Parts. The gasket between head and manifold is best to be a Toyota OEM item as after market ones have a tendency to be sh-te. The ones at the bottom (big fat o-ring types) are pretty generic but don't try to re-use the originals, they're designed to be crushed to seal.

Three Amigoes .... these are the studs in the manifold and the three nuts that you tighten on the exhaust side. It actually makes a lot of sense to get new nuts, hopefully the manifold you get will have the studs in place but they can shear in place or come out when dismantling. Again no need to panic, you can get replacement studs from Toyota or the usual reliable parts suppliers.

Plusgas is a big help in dismantling, it penetrates better than WD40 to help you get those O2 Sensors, nuts and bolts out.

You will need an O2 sensor socket to remove the O2 sensors, you can get those from the usual spares suppliers or Halfrauds.

If you can get any photos of the condition of the precats it would be useful for me to see as I'm going to build up a collection of images to show how they fair. I use a phone camera through the O2 sensor ports and up from underneath.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

adeyk9

Thank you Wabbitkilla
  ive just ordered exhaust manifold to cat converter crush rings for £14 and next day delivery extra £10 please tell me they are the right ones.  Your message broke down what i needed to know appreciate your help also will post some photos of my precats when i take out the original manifold soon.

Tags: