Oh Oh - mpg dropping

Started by 2 of the left, February 14, 2015, 21:20

2 of the left

Yep - in the last 2 fuel ups my 2's mpg had dropped from 36.7 to 36.1 - Ah I thought, got to be tyre pressures - So topped up with 26F/36R hardly any change to mpg - As it was, MOT due yesterday - FAILED !!! Reason? Brakes binding on n/s front - both at rear!!!! - The usual Toyota design fault!!! - Callipers seizing   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  - All sorted now - Roll on the Summer!!  s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)
Was told by garage staff that this is problem with most motors, not just Toyota - Strange - I had my Mk2 for 17 years without calliper problems!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

mikews

I'm amazed you noticed a drop of .6 to the gallon ! My daily varies up to 5 mpg a week (between fill ups) dependant on traffic, weather, other journeys etc etc so I would never notice.

2 of the left

Quote from: "mikews"I'm amazed you noticed a drop of .6 to the gallon ! My daily varies up to 5 mpg a week (between fill ups) dependant on traffic, weather, other journeys etc etc so I would never notice.
As a set routine - whenever I top up I use fuelly (website) to check out mpg as a general indicator of engine/tyre performance hence my noticing the drop after 3 years   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Tags: