Toyo Proxes T1R & T1S

Started by Anonymous, October 11, 2004, 13:40

Bongo

They're not scrubbed in yet so can't really tell on performance.
No noisier than stock yoko's... maybe a little quieter, have to take a drive later to find out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Just ordered a new set from these guys. Very helpful, they took the order over the phone and called me back a few minutes later when my card rejected (wrong address, it has not moved with me yet!). Mentioned membership here as I had forgotten first time and got a bit of a discount as well!

Great service and brilliant price. Totally recomend them.

Simon
Sorry Simon, is it Camskill you are referring to? I'm going to need some soon  s:( :( s:(

Yep, Camskill, just recieved the bill in the post, pitty it is addressed to Mrs Simon Pritchley!

Oh well!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Wil that be the new turbo melting your tyres then?

Simon

Slacey

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Wil that be the new turbo melting your tyres then?

Simon
No, not yet  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

My current set of T1-S are starting to look a little low after the burst of long motorway runs I've been doin lately, which is a rather more boring reason!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

folks, will 215/55/R16's fit on the back of a lowered 2??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

possibly but I'd recomed 225/40 in preference
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I checked out Mytyres and they don't seem to have the T1S in
225/40/16 for my rear wheels.

I know that they should have them as I bought some a year ago along with 2 fronts 195/50/15 for £170 all in.

Puggman

Anonymous

T1S have been replaced with T1R by Toyo, so that's probably why there's none listed.

kanujunkie

try this

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s318p0

cheers for the advice as well Mark
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Yes, but Mytyres don't even list the T1R and I could get all 4 tyres from Mytyres for £170 including delivery, much cheaper that Camskill.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Puggman

Robbie

I just ordered 4 T1Rs from Camskills as my original Bridgestones are now past their best.

In addition to a small MR2-ROC discount (which you should mention when ordering) if you quote a business address for delivery, they'll knock another £10 off the total.

Robbie
2002 MR2 Silver - Black Leather

Anonymous

Quote from: "Robbie"I just ordered 4 T1Rs from Camskills as my original Bridgestones are now past their best.

In addition to a small MR2-ROC discount (which you should mention when ordering) if you quote a business address for delivery, they'll knock another £10 off the total.

Robbie

How much is the ROC discount ? Do you have a grand total for the 4 tyres ?

Also, where are you getting the tyres fitted. I also stay in your area and would be interested to know where you get the tyres fitted and at what cost.

cheers,
Gordon

Robbie

I make the club discount fairly minimal at around 2%....but every little helps.  The overall cost of 4 (stock size) tyres, (mine's an 02 model) including the club and the £10 business address delivery discount, is £184.

I'm planning to get the tyres fitted by my local Toyota dealer when they (hopefully) replace my alloys under warranty.

Cheers

Robbie
2002 MR2 Silver - Black Leather

Comer

I had problems finding a business account to deliver to, so I bought some T1-Rs direct from KB Tyres near Ware, Herts.  Price including fitting £211.50

My clonking on the front when reversing seems to have stopped and they feel better than my Yokos on the recent greasy surfaces.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "Robbie"I make the club discount fairly minimal at around 2%....but every little helps.  The overall cost of 4 (stock size) tyres, (mine's an 02 model) including the club and the £10 business address delivery discount, is £184.

I'm planning to get the tyres fitted by my local Toyota dealer when they (hopefully) replace my alloys under warranty.

Cheers

Robbie

I agree that any discount is better than no discount.

I also waited and asked Western Toyota to replace my tyres when they replaced my wheels over a year ago. Just take the wheels along with you.

cheers,
Gordon

PS They even disposed of the old tyres at no charge..... which was nice !

mph

Having just looked at the tread level of my rears, I've ordered a full set for delivery tomorrow.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Chris

I've been thinking about replacing my tyres due to my upcoming 'ring trip, and have read with interest all the posts/opinions on brands/sizes.

On checking the prices, then I think i'm also gonna go with Toyo T1-R's, but in 185/55/15 standard for the front and 205/45/16 rear (rather than the more quoted on here 195/50-225/40).

My reasons for this are as follows:
1) 205/45 is only -1.5% out, where as 225/40's are -2.25% out
2) 205's are lighter and cheaper than 225's

For the fronts, then seeing as there are direct replacments for the oem size, it will be best to stick with them, especially as they are lighter than the 195's, but unfortunately slightly more expensive.

The only niggle is that it reduces the front/rear split to 20mm rather than the stock 30mm - does anyone have any views on whether this will matter hugely?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Personally I am going for 195/50 15 and 225/40 16, which I think is a better option than making the rears 10mm narrower than standard, as you are thinking of.  
I am having the rears fitted today, as they are way too bald for my liking, especially with the current snow, but I have to wait a couple of weeks for the fronts to arrive - might be interesting handling with a RE040/T1R combination!  I am going to be very careful.  

Andy

Anonymous

Rears fitted without damage to the car - told them the correct jacking points.  

Nice and sideways out of the tyre fitters! - they really are pretty slippery when new   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    Had to do a couple of gentle burnouts to get rid of the release agent.

Chris

ok, so we're saying that maintaining the front/rear split is more important than keeping the original profile and a close rolling radius %?  Assuming that the extra 10mm width at the front helps kill some understeer (by providing more grip?) then the same would be true of the extra 10mm width at the back...

Has anyone tried 185/50 front with 225/40 rears?  this would give a 40mm front/rear split though..
[size=100]
[/size]

markiii

but then you'd just increase understeer?

personally I'd not have a proble reducing teh split to 20mm if I had too, but since you don't have to whay would you?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris

Quotebut then you'd just increase understeer?

you mean by virtue of having more grip at the back, therefore producing more inequality between front + rear  i take it...

Quotesince you don't have to whay would you?

the only reason would be to maintain the oem tyre size..
[size=100]
[/size]

markiii

it's so close I'd not worry

Anonymous

I ordered 195/50/R15 for the front and 225/40/R16 for the rears from Camskill. They delivered the correct fronts, but the rears were 225/45/R16. I have spoken to them and they say that they are supplying these sizes to MR2 owners. Is anyone else running this combination and is it O.K.  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?

markiii

no it's not the rigth size

225/40/16 is what you need

Anonymous

Has anyone else ordeed 225/40/R16 from Camskill and got that size in the T1-R. They were more or less saying that Toyo didn't make that size, even though the T1-S's that I am replacing are that size!!  s:? :? s:?

Tags: