11 year service advice

Started by puma2, February 27, 2015, 20:08

puma2

my   (2004)  24k  s:D :D s:D    is due a service and MOT at the end of march . normally i would have a nice drive up to see DR MATT in Birmingham.
come back Matt we miss you super skills  s:( :( s:(  

so what suggestions would you good people on here do  s:?: :?: s:?:  

it has  a full s/h
front disk and pads done last year with Matt.
rear brakes check recently. all good

the things i have bean thinking about just with age and not mileage is  

antifreeze
gearbox oil
brake fluid change

any advice or  helpfully hints with things to be done pleases let me no  s:D :D s:D  
 so i can get the bits in 1st for my local garage who i trust and will let me supply parts and the like too  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Markb

Mines similar to you're own with 32000.....i was also thinking antifreeze,gearbox oil and brake fluid and maybe the serpentine accessory drive belt.
I'm just going to gather the parts up and do them at my leisure.

Bernie

Service book info

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

jinxedkitten

Diesel smoke?
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

mrzwei

It's a generic service schedule so it covers all Toyota models which makes it quite confusing. I've got a similar issue with my Golf.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Joesson

Inspection of the radiator is not included in Toyota service schedule.
From my experience I suggest you check the radiator condition before changing the coolant.
Many car service schedules specify brake fluid change every two years, irrespective of mileage, as the fluid absorbs moisture from the air over time.

tricky1138

I did an 11 year old service on mine last year, and did the obvious oil change along with brake fluid change and gearbox oil change.

Plan on doing coolant change with this year's service.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Tags: