Nasty in the wet!

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2004, 21:22

markiii

just a thought, but as you currently have 185 all round and your garage that fits them may get confused.

I suggest you remind them (and check afterwards) that the 205/50/15 go on the 6.5" x15" wheels and these go on the back. 185 goes on the 6"x15" up front.

just in case they are really confused teh wheel width is stamped into teh inside of teh wheel spokes.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of 205/50 R15 Goodyear F1's?
Production has stopped on them and I really want all my tyres to match for safety and selling  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "vibratingsky"Does anyone know where I can get a pair of 205/50 R15 Goodyear F1's?
Production has stopped on them and I really want all my tyres to match for safety and selling  s8) 8) s8)

I guess they will be really hard to find now ... (it was an odd size to begin with)

For safety you need the better gripping tires at the rear. The GY F1 are excellent in the wet, the only tyre that I know that will match them are Bridgestone Potenza S03. The S03 are available in that size.

BTW I heard from my tyre supplier that 205/50R15 were going to be harder and harder to find as it's a very rare dimension. Fortunately, Bridgestone haven't increased the price of the tyre (they are still cheaper than the much more common 205/50R16 size)

Anonymous

thanks, i will look out for some S03's i hear they look similar to F1 anyway aand arnt too expensive to buy.

Thanks again guys  s:D :D s:D

BenF

Regarding the 205/50R15 - I spoke to the folks at the Goodyear technical desk a few months back to ask if they were planning to bring a GSD3 version of the tyre out.

They're not, but the tyre is OEM fitment to MG-TFs so there should be plenty of the GSD2 variant around - I'm not sure if the problems Rover/MG have had will affect this though.
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

Tags: