2003 model rear lights - misting problem

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2004, 21:22

Anonymous

So far I have had both rear lights replaced by Mr.T. Both clear lens have condesation on the inside. Local Mr.T. is helpful and co-operative, but as I am on the second set of lights he is getting frustrated with Toyota!
Anybody else had this problem?

SteveJ

There is a redesigned seal kit that my local MrT used on one of my rear lights which seems to have cured the problem (shame the other one has got the problem now though  s:( :( s:(  )

Slacey

<MOD> Title changed for clarity </MOD>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

I had mine replaced and the new ones were even worse than the originals  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Had both replaced, and still have the problem with the new ones  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "morganV8"So far I have had both rear lights replaced by Mr.T. Both clear lens have condesation on the inside. Local Mr.T. is helpful and co-operative, but as I am on the second set of lights he is getting frustrated with Toyota!
Anybody else had this problem?

make sure ppl that wash your car dont get to close and personal with your back lights - or simply make sure they maintain proper distance with jet washer or they will manage to get the dirt between seal and the back-light casing.

I just watched dude wash my car, and I thought to my self - there goes the light, and sure enough the light that he almost scrubbed with jet washer nozzle is now misted after the rain.

Your dealer doesnt really need to order the full light, seal kit will do just fine... and as they replace it I am sure you will see a lot of dirt under the old seal...

Anonymous

Seal the sides with the silicon, it's work.

Tags: