White smoke after 2 months standing

Started by Rob988, March 3, 2015, 09:54

Rob988

Hi guys,

I started my mr2 today for the first time since Christmas, longer than I wanted to leave it. Started first time which was great, but after a few light revs it started blowing quite a large of white smoke out of the exhaust. Car was good and healthy at Christmas and was last serviced in November. I'm hoping it's not anything too serious and may be just because it's been sat but I'm not naive to obvious warning signs.

Anything I should immediately check? I've checked oil and water levels and all seem fine. No oil in the water either.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Wabbitkilla

Cold day?

Steam .... normal in cold weather and cold engine startup.
See how it goes
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Rob988

Was hoping to put it down to that, although it was a lot.. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. I have a video of it but can't seem to host/embed it to here..

Anonymous

Didn't you have a problem with overheating before parking it up?

stupink

Rain filled exhaust possibility.
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Rob988

I did but it was more an airlock than the engine purely over heating. I'll get it over to Mr Twos before it's officially back on the road for a check over. I'll restart it later and see if it does it again.

Rob988

You're right, there is a load of water in the tail pipe!

Tags: