Using The Passenger Window Disable Switch For Something Else

Started by GSB, October 22, 2004, 09:22

TheTigerUK

Quote from: mr2mark on July 17, 2006, 19:26Hi just been reading about these people who are on about having the aerial up when listening to a c.d. ...... If you have the same head unit as me I just press the TA button when in c.d mode and switch TA off .... this will put the aerial down ..... then when I switch to radio it goes up on its own ..... then back to c.d it goes down ...... SORTED ... Then you can use this switch for neons   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

15 years on you have just helped me, thank you :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

p3t3r

Quote from: virginpaul on May 29, 2020, 12:30So I've now done the aerial override switch mod. myself thanks to the great how to's on here.  I used the daft passenger window cutout switch.  Cut the heavy wiring 1 inch from the switch connector and stripped and twisted and crimped them together - pax window worked fine.

For the aerial cutout wiring, rather than try and access the OE wiring behind the new stereo or the ISO converter cable I fitted, I broke into the circuit behind the corner kick panel at the drivers footwell - IJ1 (the large white connector), pin 2, small black wire.  Used a meter to check it went +12v with the radio on, and 0 when selected off.

The wiring is pretty low amperage as it's only a "signal" wire to the relay.

Just got to remove the "window" symbol from the switch and see if I can dry transfer either a symbol of an antenna, or just the word "aerial" crossed out.....

Edit:-
That'll do...

black wire pos 8 from CN701-1 connector switched by an old landcruiser antenna switch

Tags: