2zz at Santa Pod

Started by doodlepugg, May 3, 2015, 19:14

JoeCool

Just for interests sake, there were 2 Corolla T-Sports at the Pod RWYB today. One was me....

I was running 16.1's (when I managed to put it together!) and the other car had a bit more experience and ran 15.9's. The driver of that said it was his second outing and he also ran 16.1's last time he went. Both cars completely stock bar an induction kit. Quite useful for comparisons sake!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

4dvti

A quick vid from one of the runs I did:

Stock type r k20a2
non lsd gearbox
Custom Base map- not tuned

Power: 212bhp - 190whp

Tyres: Road legal Yokohama Advan A032 semis slicks 225/60/15

E.T. 13.27s @ 105.16mph

60ft time: 2.072s

Feedback: the tyres were a bit too big as I realised after I put the 195/50/15 r888s on the back. The gearing was instantly shorter and the car accelerates quicker. Need some 205 or 215s next. The r888 medium compound is also a much better semi slick i felt.

m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvmJbVGRdOU m
190whp/143wtq & 12.7s 1/4 mile- naturally aspirated on r888s.

Anonymous

It's quick isn't it!

Nice run, but with a bit of 2nd gear spinning up by the sounds of it, so plenty of time still to find!

4dvti

Thanks. It even took all of us by surprise! Thought if we could get a high 13 pass we's be happy... There's so much more in it yet.

Cheers
190whp/143wtq & 12.7s 1/4 mile- naturally aspirated on r888s.

KRAMSNEHPETS

Its an old thread but have enjoyed reading it, went to Santa Pod in my car yesterday
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

s12vea

How did you get on?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

m1tch

Indeed, very interested to see how it went - had a family gathering over the weekend so couldn't go but the weather looked ok.

KRAMSNEHPETS

Never done it before, 1st run complete balls up. was waiting for the other car to line up, didn't line up, and I wasn't watching the lights because of that!. Was waved off by the marshall, just a fast start , bit of wheel spin. 13.9 99.8 mph. Second run, to much clutch slip, same time. 3rd run, fluffed up 2nd to 3rd gear change. Got to practice launch and reaction time now, Enjoyed it and will try again next month. Only issue I have is that doing a fast start / launch away from the strip, I cannot break traction when dumping clutch at up to 4000 rpm. Got wheel spin at santa pod so going to be hard to practice.
My racelogic has so far recorded a couple of 0-100 of 12.5 which was kind of hoping that I could get there. I think that with practice and better reaction I could do a 13
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

m1tch

Quote from: "KRAMSNEHPETS"Never done it before, 1st run complete balls up. was waiting for the other car to line up, didn't line up, and I wasn't watching the lights because of that!. Was waved off by the marshall, just a fast start , bit of wheel spin. 13.9 99.8 mph. Second run, to much clutch slip, same time. 3rd run, fluffed up 2nd to 3rd gear change. Got to practice launch and reaction time now, Enjoyed it and will try again next month. Only issue I have is that doing a fast start / launch away from the strip, I cannot break traction when dumping clutch at up to 4000 rpm. Got wheel spin at santa pod so going to be hard to practice.
My racelogic has so far recorded a couple of 0-100 of 12.5 which was kind of hoping that I could get there. I think that with practice and better reaction I could do a 13

Just looking at the signature for the power figure and guessing around 1,100kg all in weight the car should run a low 12 - always room for improvement but that's part of the fun  s:) :) s:)

Tags: