Celica 6 speed gearbox swap parts

Started by weeJohn, May 28, 2015, 20:40

weeJohn

I have seen some scary prices for these parts posted on here, thought I would share where and what price I got mine for.

Toyota 3326117101 SHAFT, TRANSFER - 43.24 GBP, 1 items (6 speed shifter shaft)
Toyota 3350617101 COVER, METAL JACKET - 26.84 GBP, 1 items (reverse block out)
Toyota 9641142800 COVER, METAL - 1.00 GBP, 1 items (plug for end of shaft)

Total: 71.08 GBP

Shipping and tax brought it to £91, I have bought from this site before and they are genuine Toyota parts and the service is good.

m http://www.amayama.com/search/ m

Escy

I bet it took a leap of faith to order from that website, it looks sketchy.

JoeCool

I've seen tits on a fish that look less dodgy than that....

But if it works...
2ZZ '02 Roadster

vtifan

just buy a six speed mr2 box then you get the partss and the lsd,simple

cabbydave

If the site can be trusted I wonder how much they sell Hard top fittings for? I have been told by someone in the states they can get new kits cheaper inc delivery from Japan than the UK ebay sellers get for them

weeJohn

I and many others I know have used this site many times before with no issues, by far the cheapest way to get import parts that Toyota are going to empty your pocket for. After owning imports like a 4WD Starlet and a Caldina GTT, you tend to find these sites are reliable.

Go onto Toyo diy and search for the part you need, confirm the part number and look it up on there. Then call Toyota and ask them a price for the part number, hang up and laugh all the way to the bank lol.

weeJohn

Quote from: "vtifan"just buy a six speed mr2 box then you get the partss and the lsd,simple

I already had the LSD, the Roadster was a UK 5 speed, I just needed the shifter parts.

weeJohn

Quote from: "cabbydave"If the site can be trusted I wonder how much they sell Hard top fittings for? I have been told by someone in the states they can get new kits cheaper inc delivery from Japan than the UK ebay sellers get for them

Here is a list of parts you need for fitting a hard top, look them up ands see:

69431-17011 Striker RH
69432-17011 Striker LH
58395-17020 Bracket RH
58396-17020 Bracket LH
82187-17030 Defogger harness

cabbydave

So without the wiring £130 plus vat and shipping is about £150 plus shipping for brand new. Takes the P out of ebay sellers at £200 for used ones

cabbydave

You have used these people before John and they can be trusted im about to order some parts off them.

oxbowbutterfly

I took WeeJohn  at his word and took the leap of faith. Better to trust than hide behind lock doors and firewalls!! Folly? Trust has to start somewhere.
Black MR2 with red hood and black hard top. Mtec drilled and grooved discs with Green stuff pads all round. 2ZZ engine with PPE header and sports cat and stock back box.  6 speed Corolla box! Tein lowering springs.

cabbydave

Quote from: "oxbowbutterfly"I took WeeJohn  at his word and took the leap of faith. Better to trust than hide behind lock doors and firewalls!! Folly? Trust has to start somewhere.
And?

jonty

Cheers WeeJohn for the headsup on these good prices!

Does anyone know of a 5spd MR2 to 6spd Celica swap guide? I've seen a few but with broken links for photos etc... I want to weigh up whether I should do this myself.

...I have a lot of projects on the go, so need to prioritise what I can do, and what I should pay someone for - the MR2 needs to be functioning by August when my company car goes back.

cabbydave

Well I took the risk and ordered the gear change parts as I'm going to put a 2zz in my new facelift and didn't want to scrap a good 6 speed gearbox. The Web site says it's now been shipped so let's see what happens.

oxbowbutterfly

Quote from: "cabbydave"
Quote from: "oxbowbutterfly"I took WeeJohn  at his word and took the leap of faith. Better to trust than hide behind lock doors and firewalls!! Folly? Trust has to start somewhere.
And?

Like yourself, web page says shipped and we are both waiting...
Black MR2 with red hood and black hard top. Mtec drilled and grooved discs with Green stuff pads all round. 2ZZ engine with PPE header and sports cat and stock back box.  6 speed Corolla box! Tein lowering springs.

cabbydave

If you paid with Paypal they should have sent you a tracking number im checking every day bit like tracking santa on norad when the kids were young

jonty

I've given this a punt too,looking forward to getting this conversion rolling...

cabbydave

Checked again today and it says the part is at Coventry customs now. Let's see how much it costs me now it's in the uk

jonty

Cool, that's pretty quick.

How long did it take from your order to move from 'Original Inquiries' with 'accepted' status, to 'Accepted Orders', and being able to make payment?

cabbydave

I got the email off them saying parts available on the 2nd of june and paid on 2nd june at 8pm uk time

jonty

But when did you originally place the order mate? I put my order in on sunday, so hoping they get around to it pretty soon... thing is that the Japanese working day is ending soon (though they do love working the evenings) so it may be another day before the order is processed... the prices are nice and cheap though, so can't complaint too much!

cabbydave

Did you get your reply from your original email asking about your parts?

jonty

I got an 'Inquiry submitted' email, but not past that.. I've chased it along via email now..

jonty

Order pushed through now and paid, so hoping to get these parts in not too long so I can get on with the build!

Their ordering process is a bit odd, but for the cost saving it seems like a good win... just need to wait and see that the parts come in good time, and then I'll be a convert...

Anonymous

Anyone got their parts yet?

Tags: