my mr2 project

Started by vtifan, June 4, 2015, 18:55

vtifan

how i got her,with hard top removed

vtifan

i have mostly been gathering bits for a 2zz swap and to make her look and handle a bit better,need to get some better pics though,i got a set of 17 inch buddy club sf1's on now,tein springs and mattperformance braceaiting to go on,got the 2zz engine and box still to come out of celica that i am stripping on my breaks lol

vtifan

saw this on gumtree last week and thought it was worth a wee flutter as it was quite local,so went and had a look,was a total shed,but had a few really good bits on it that are going to find their way onto my blue mr2,i originally thought the kit was a copy but turns out they are genuine trd stage 2 parts,car was an import and very rusty in frunk with a jazzy but very tired paintjob,gold and violet glitter nice,and ghastly wheels,steering issue very oily engine,not worth saving but i am saving the parts off it for myself though lol,some pics of the jdm goodies

vtifan

a few pics of her with the new wheels on,they are nice wheels, buddy club et 42 i think but they are going to have to be swapped at some point as i think they might scrub a bit when i put my teins on,ideally want to fit 16x8 on the rear and either 16 or 15x7 on front but might have to wait a bit as i have spunked a fair bit of my budget on the celica engine donor and the ropey mr2 for goodies.Have fitted the cobra twin system off the other mr2 for now and it has given the car a bit of an exhaust note now but still pretty quiet.i was actually shocked when i took off the bumper and heat shield and saw the size of the standard silencer,it is huge lol i used to drve a lorry with smaller.
         Plan for this week is to get the trd kit all prepped ready for painting,along with bonnet as mine has seen better days,take as much bits off the scrap mr2 as i can store,and get it away before my boss starts moaning as i have more cars than him at the garage now lol,then once the kit is on its 2zz swap time   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  
       i

JoeCool

Looks like it's coming along!

It might be an idea to leave the skirts off until you've done the 2ZZ swap - the access looks easier if you pull both rear wings off the car too, they're bolt on. UNless the skirts are super easy to fit/remove of course!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

vtifan

Quote from: "JoeCool"Looks like it's coming along!

It might be an idea to leave the skirts off until you've done the 2ZZ swap - the access looks easier if you pull both rear wings off the car too, they're bolt on. UNless the skirts are super easy to fit/remove of course!
aye i have seen a few with wings removed for the swap but dont know why you would have to remove them ? are there not a couple of spot welds to mate ?

Lee H

Absolutely no need to remove them, access is great with crash bar and crossmember off. Think they have a few spot welds as well.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

JoeCool

Cheers, good to know. I was planning on taking mine off, I won't if I don't need to!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

vtifan

well i have been a busy boy this week i took avantage of the boss being on holiday and had the workshop to myself so i got cracking on with the 2zz swap and she is alive again with her new heart,still got a few wee loose ends to sort but the 2zz is running and idling as it should,still to bleed clutch which was being a pita but now know to compress the slave to bleed that doh,have re angled the celica manifold but still to get a mid pipe made up next week,might have a bit of an issue with the selector though as i can get all the gears perfectly well but it seems to stick in reverse for some reason,if i wiggle the selector at the box it pops out though,anyone had similar issues after a 2zz swap ?
      Also got my mattperformance brace installed,it seemed a bit flimsy when it arrived but when fixed on the car it is solid,great piece of kit,and popped on my tein springs too so all in all a fairly productive week and cant wait to drive her again

Anonymous

Nice one! Did you get any work done though?!  s:D :D s:D

vtifan

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Nice one! Did you get any work done though?!  s:D :D s:D
a wee bitty lol,spent about 3 and a half days on the mr2 though,i was meant to be on holiday too but chose to spend it fannying about with my car instead,was hoping to have her back on road by today but the swap was a bit more time consuming than i thought and was waiting on bits and now waiting on other people for exhaust

Tags: