1ZZ,2ZZ fuel pump & FPR any difference?

Started by MaGiK, August 2, 2015, 14:40

MaGiK

Thinking ahead for my modest turbo conversion, can you take a 2zz fuel pump and FPR from a 190hp 2zz  and pop it into the roadster fuel tank without any mods? I assume they have different ratings. I'm only aiming for 200HP.

Thanks

Anonymous

The standard pump is good for closer 280bhp. Easiest way is just to put bigger injectors in 330 or 380 with be fine at that bhp. Also if I'm right I think the 2zz standard injectors are 330cc.

doodlepugg

Be aware there are two sorts of 2zz injectors. Earlier ones (yellow) are marginally lower cc than the later (brown?) ones.

MaGiK

I have a spare set of the yellow injectors, but they are missing their little rubber bits where the socket plugs in. Not sure if you can get replacements.

MaGiK

But again, in theory, could you steal the 2zz fuel pump/fpr or the supercharged 2zz bits, and bolt them in if you wanted to?

Anonymous

You could probably use the pump but it will make no difference for what your after. The only thing you could do is fit a rising rate regulator and get a fuel rail with return as your going turbo. But again not really needed for the power.

Tags: