My Woodsport V6 conversion.

Started by Topdownman, August 18, 2015, 21:43

Anonymous

Awesome , good man!

Topdownman

Quote from: "webbys1"Just realised that you have a picture of mine on the first page,
mine being the black one.  s:D :D s:D

Glad to hear it was a forum members car!

This will be your engine then...

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Topdownman

Quote from: "Jrichards20"I'm booked in for January/February if we can get a car  s:o :o s:o !

Thats great news. Lexus engine?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Topdownman"
Quote from: "Jrichards20"I'm booked in for January/February if we can get a car  s:o :o s:o !

Thats great news. Lexus engine?

Yep Lexus vvti  s:) :) s:)  problem is coming up to winter obvious everyone wants a 4x4 so prices could potentially go up, so he advised may be better to wait till after Christmas to get engine or look now. And god knows how long my engine will last so thought its best to get it out of the way now  s;) ;) s;)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

webbys1

Thanks for the picture Topdownman I never got to see it at this stage.

cabbydave

Theres a guy called Hudster in Warrington with a 2gr and he loves it. lotus use this engine in a car that weighs about the same as the 2

Jrichards20

Yeah but the evora has far better suspension chassis wheels brakes. It's. 50+K car. It's designed to be able to put the power down. The mr2 sadly isn't  s:( :( s:(  one of the reasons, apart from money, that I didn't go 2gr is its going to be an absolute handful! Will catch you out just like the old 911s with all that power at the back and not enough tech keeping it on the road
Street Triple 765 RS

cabbydave

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Yeah but the evora has far better suspension chassis wheels brakes. It's. 50+K car. It's designed to be able to put the power down. The mr2 sadly isn't  s:( :( s:(  one of the reasons, apart from money, that I didn't go 2gr is its going to be an absolute handful! Will catch you out just like the old 911s with all that power at the back and not enough tech keeping it on the road
They arnt as bad as you would think or the one I drove wasn't. . I recon matts track car would be worse

tomaky

Kind of agree Dave but Matts is set up for track in every single way.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

ChrisGB

2GR means you have to pay attention. I'm running a very short ratio final drive, acceleration is vivid, in the dry you can light the rears up in 3rd if you snap the throttle open quickly, over yumps and bumps it can break traction in 5th. The viscous diff makes it all very controllable, wet or dry. I have stock wheels with R888 mediums, BC 4/6kg coilovers, yellow stuff pads, Goodrich lines, corky bracing.

What it forces you to do is work your brain. Managing the traction adds another dimension to the driving experience, the way it gains speed is a bit intense by car standards, but anyone used to big bikes would find it fine. On the plus side, the extra grunt opens up a whole new realm of throttle adjustability, both on and off throttle (engine braking is much stronger than with the 1.8 )

What I will say is that for all the extra go over a high output SP turbo kit, the 2GR is actually easier to handle due to the nature of the throttle response (with the Link ECU at any rate).

Too much power? No. Tricky when pushed? Definitely, but that is what makes it so rewarding. 2GR- love it!
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Sounds epic  s:D :D s:D

AmeR

2GR - Sign me up!!

s12vea

I'm thankful I haven't seen / heard or driven a v6 roadster otherwise I would of been on the woodsport waiting list by now!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

Quote from: "s12vea"I'm thankful I haven't seen / heard or driven a v6 roadster otherwise I would of been on the woodsport waiting list by now!

Surely it's only a matter of time?

s12vea

I'm more than happy with mine at the moment which helps. But knowing that selling my low mileage engine and box plus tte turbo kit would cover a fair chunk of the cost makes it tempting.... Lol.
Let's hope I don't have a passenger ride
TF204 Blue

jonty

Quote from: "s12vea"I'm more than happy with mine at the moment which helps. But knowing that selling my low mileage engine and box plus tte turbo kit would cover a fair chunk of the cost makes it tempting.... Lol.

do it
do it
do it....

shnazzle

Dibs on your turbo!
...neutiquam erro.

s12vea

Please dont encourage me :-s
TF204 Blue

Jrichards20

I've signed up steve, topdownman has signed up and is in progress, I think you should join the party, you don't want to be left out do you?
Street Triple 765 RS

StuC

Quote from: "s12vea"makes it tempting.... Lol.

And so it starts.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

cptspaulding

I don't suppose Mr Woodsport does easy credit facilities   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

s12vea

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "s12vea"makes it tempting.... Lol.

And so it starts.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I'm staying strong!
Until I'm taken out in a v6  s:) :) s:)
TF204 Blue

StuC

Didn't you go and look around a V6 before buying greenie?

s12vea

I was trying to view the yellow one but communication was great between me and the seller.
Stu you should be pleased the greenie is still in my ownership lol.

Could a v6 make my perfect roadster even better?!?!?!!
TF204 Blue

StuC

I did give you the ownership badge. Do I need to do another one now?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

I thought there was a silver one locally that you were going to look at?

Tags: