Home-made induction kit help!

Started by 7slaterj, September 4, 2015, 20:54

7slaterj

Evening everyone   s:) :) s:)  I hope all is well.

I'm looking for some input and solution architecture before I go crazy tomorrow and start cutting up my air box and dismantling the OEM intake.

So I have the 45' intake pipe, I have the Blitz filter, and I have some pipe clamps and some cold air intake pipes to feed from the side vent. Just missing the MAF housing which I will look at cutting up tomorrow   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I need some help before I go to work tomorrow. Take a look at the pictures below;

I bought the cone without any official adapters etc because it was only £30  s:) :) s:)  So the question is, how do I go about putting the cone filter onto the end of my setup
(Filter << MAF << 45' pipe << Throttle Body)

The (Filter << MAF) section needs some sort of buffer/adapter in between so it sits snug, so please suggest something!

Thanks,   s:D :D s:D  I'm rather new to tuning/modifications but it's been done before.

The filter will sit behind the battery and the side vent will have the cold air pipes running from it to the filter, I might also make some dodgy shielding from tin foil and stuff  s:P :P s:P

T

7slaterj

ohh, and is it possible for the MAF housing to sit on the other side of the setup? so directly connected to the throttle body (Filter << 45' pipe << MAF << Throttel Body)??

Jandaw

I think you are making life difficult for yourself, I know you want to put your own stamp on the installation. Ditch the blitz and get a K&N you'll have no trouble fitting the filter, it just clamps on.
You can't mount the MAF on the throttle body so you'd have two lots of flexi and the elbow is pretty short anyway.
Bear in mind you will be picking up air at exactly the same point as the normal induction system so you don't need to duct to the filter.

7slaterj

Thanks Jandaw,

What is done is done, I was just saving some money that is all. This seemed like the cheapest option. Having it behind the battery equals the path of least resistance for the intake, and its cooler over there, especially with some shielding.

I'll let you know how this goes :p

doodlepugg

I have a metal air filter which was apparently Blitz, with the fitting kit & MAF tube on it sat in the workshop. Turns out the halfords universal fit metal air filter is identical, and just slips over the top of intake tubing. Think it was £30. I've just ordered filter number 3 from ASH hoses, a carbon fibre enclosed jobby with ducting to go to the side scoop.

7slaterj

Sounds interesting have you got a link to it?

I've just been to Halfords! It looks like I'll have to buy Blitz's 80mm adapter.

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-230.aspx

What I did do though is get a Rip Speed universal cone filter to fit until the adapter arrives next week   s:D :D s:D  (I managed to get it for £10 as the box it came in was torn)

I'll have some photos and results up this afternoon, going out to play now.

doodlepugg

Haha, should have got the metal one  s:P :P s:P  
I just wanted to move the MAF a tiny bit further away from the air filter, and to make sure all the plumbing is spot on and air tight.
Here's the link for the carbon jobby  m http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/silico ... ilter.html m

Tags: