will i end up in a hedge?

Started by Anonymous, November 17, 2004, 14:22

filcee

Quote from: "juansolo"Trail braking *waves at filcee* is braking as you turn into a corner (remember number one of no-no's up there).  The idea is that you transfer some of the weight of the car over the front wheels lightening up the back.  This will make your car turn in sharply and, depending on what you do next, can result in a nice four wheel drift and you gently feed in the power or a leary 90 degree slide as you feed in a s**t load of power and apply a lot more lock.
Cheers - I knew you'd sort that out for me  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Quote from: "juansolo"Spend a bit of cash and do it in a controlled environment.
... or don't do it at all ...  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Quote from: "roger"Still 2 places left at North Weald (see Events), especially useful for anybody thinking of Anglesey 2005 I guess.
I'd like to do both, but I'm waiting to see if our companies proposed flexible benefits system will be both flexible and beneficial enough for me to get enough holidays to take the time off to do it, and also have the cash to pay for it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

I crashed my 2 on Boxing day. I'd only owned it for 4 weeks and it has 1000km on the clock! I was more ashamed taking it to the dealer, they laughed!
Anyway, after lunch on boxing day, I though I would go for a spin (sic).

I was on my way back down a country road which was damp. Confidence in handling of the 2 was high, having owned it for a month and loved every min of driving it. I was doing about 80/90km though a double s bend (not very tight). I didn't even have time to react. I spun twice and hit (front on) into a huge rock face  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'm sure a full tum and a couple of glasses of wine certainly reduced my reactions.  I'm actually an experince driver (I didnb't say good), having driven for 18 years including some track and hilclimb experience. Also more anoyingly, this was the first accident that i have had that was completely my fault.

Anyway Mr T will hopefully finish the repair this week - basically a new front of the car! Thankfully my insurance excees is only 250 Euros.

A lesson learned and I cannot wait to get back driving it.

Nathan

PS of note, my air bags didn't open in the crash and yet it caused so much damage.

Tags: