saicab's Now orange 05 mr2 project

Started by saicab, October 4, 2015, 15:00

mikek

Thanks for that. What's the rough cost because it looks great
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

s12vea

Very smart bud.
I like it because it's different.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

MR TWO

Better & better everytime I look at your thread! You must be very pleased.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

fastel888

Sai my friend, you have done well with your choice of orange. I am quite jealous now (only joking)
Glad that I was able to help you in my small way. Cool! Can't wait to come and see it in the flesh.
:flame: Uninsured drivers should face a firing squad!!! http://mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56346

saicab

Ordered a JDM smaller front number plate holder and put on my private plate. Makes the front much neater. Heres some pics.

before

after

Also had 4 wheel allignment done and the mr2 drives dead straight now  s:D :D s:D  

s12vea

Love the small number plate!  s;) ;) s;)
TF204 Blue

MR TWO

Did you get the plate from eBay?

I bought a private plate and got a JDM from eBay...
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

The Other Stu

Bah, after taking my OEM, cutting it down, filling, sanding and painting, I could have bought one ready made.

Oh well, doesn't matter now. I've filled the holes and it's going in the vent underneath.

My plate came from Mr Reg through eBay too - it's very, very small (5 characters)

EDIT: I've just realised now what the stupid holes are for. On the JDM plate holder, there are 2 bits of plastic that align.
No Longer Here

Thehazzle

Colour looks mint. I;ve toyed with the idea of having mine plastidipped orange

SDB278

Really nice love the colour.

saicab

hi everyone been away for awhile so i thought ill update you guys on what i have been doing to the car.

I have replaced the single din aftermarket stereo for a double din Kenwood DAB stereo. I find a double din looks much neater in the Mr2 and radio reception is excellent. Also has bluetooth and handsfree so well pleased.

I also went about sound deadening the doors and upgrading the speakers to JL audio components.I used silent coat sound deadening sheets for the outer skin of the doors and wickes flashing for the holes and door cards. The wickes flashing did smell for a while but now the smell is gone. The doors feel much more solid now and i am well pleased with the overall sound from how it was.

I do plan to add some sort of subwoofer soon whwn i get the time.

Anyway here are some pics.

s12vea

Looking good, it makes a huge difference doesn't it.
TF204 Blue

saicab

due to change of circumstances im having to sell my Mr2. Its on ebay so if anyones interested in getting a very reliable and unique Mr2 check it out.

Mod Edit
eBay link removed.

jvanzyl

Quote from: "saicab"due to change of circumstances I'm having to sell my Mr2. Its on ebay so if anyones interested in getting a very reliable and unique Mr2 check it out.

I saw that... sorry to hear that you're having to part with it.
Are you able to link to your readers ride from eBay? Advert doesn't do it justice!

saicab

Think that will be a good idea. As i was writing the advert i wasnt totally sure if i wanted to sell it but needs must.

StuC

Why not put a for sale post up on here. Give the membership a chance to keep it in the fold.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

saicab

I was going to post a for sale up but rules do not allow ebay links. As i am finding it hard to value the car i have putit on ebay auction.

Blue al

No mention of soft top in advert, might be worth emphasising it's in good nick
(assuming it is )

Tags: