Unichip setup advice/help

Started by alexbutcher, October 11, 2015, 19:37

alexbutcher

Hi guys, just brought a second hand unichip piggyback with 2 maps (95 oct and 97oct) and im having trouble getting the switches correct to change the map, and electronics are not may strong point, As far as im aware and according to the instructions one switch should turn the ECU memory saving on/off to save fuel trims, the other switch is to select map A/B, and when map B is select the LED should light up, and also the CEl/engine management light, so five wires coming out of thr unichip in total, I seem to have the car running and the CEL light is on but im getting no LED and there is no signal being sent to the LED from the Unichip, so have no idea what map im on, plus when I alternate what I think is the map switch the car will start but then dies straight away, Im at a bit of a lose and wondered if anyone have a wiring diagram for them or have any advice, as I say im not the best at electronics, so would really appreciate any help, cheers Alex

kostonhumar

il be following this religiously as im picking one up on Saturday!!
I like it sideways!!

Mr2-s 1999 stock (For now!!!)  :?
Pug 106 ralle   8)

andyroo104

Cannot help with your problem but I know when I fitted one to my car i could not get the car to run properly even though it had been mapped to a car with a very similar set up to mine,I sold it on and the buyer had to get it re-mapped to his car,not cheap.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

chalced

No matter which map it is on - it shouldn't throw up the CEL light.

I have one that came from the US with 2 maps pre-programmed.
Map 1 was standard and Map 2 was with minor mods (I.E. modded air intake/manifold/performance exhaust)

Never had any kind of problem with either of the maps. I could just about tell a small difference in the performance when on map 2, but nothing drastic.

It is always better to have the car mapped after ECU mods as each car is slightly different and a bespoke map will make a big difference (although saying that - I never did).

Did it come with the P&P harness? It makes it soooo much easier if it did.

alexbutcher

Yeah came with the p&p iv got an auto electrion come to look at it on Monday, iIsuspect something isn't right with the switches

weeJohn

I wouldnt be switching anything on a piggyback when the car is running, I would even consider taking a battery terminal off before doing it.

Try disconnecting your battery terminal for 30 minutes then selecting a setting on the Unishit before reconnecting.

Tags: