TTE Exhaust

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2003, 11:21

Anonymous

I am looking at getting a TTE exhaust fitted and have been quoted around £520 by my local dealer.
From what I have seen people aying this seems a bit expensive.
Does this seem like a reasonable price or is it too high?

Anonymous

It' what I've paid...the salesman wouldn't budge...he reckoned the fitting was quite long winded.  I'll let you know later if I think it was worth it....the standard car I tried sounded less sporty than the fiancees Megane!

GSB

Unless it includes the VAT and fitting, then I'd say that was a bit expensive... There are several alternatives available if you dont want to pay that much. The Remus, which is the same exhaust as the TTE, but with different tips, can be had for a lot less, while a bespoke, hand built creation from Hayward and Scott can currently be yours for a measly £350 + VAT in the MR2-ROC group buy.

Theres also the Team Moon, the Magnex, and a few others besides... search through the performance forum for more details on all of these.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I was only going for the TTE as I hoped being a dealer fit accessory my insurance company would be less likely to slap loads on my premium. Is this likely to be the case. If not the groupbuy sounds good.

Anonymous

I think the insurance company want to know if you add the exhaust _after_ you've bought the car.  As for the Group buy, the extra insurance will cost me less than £30 for the year (that's on a premium of £930 already, so not much).

Anonymous

Blanco

I could have got 10% discount off my dealer, reducing the cost to £480 fitted incl VAT.
Hayward & scott are in Basildon, so can't be that far from you compared with the 150 mile each-way trip for me. If I were you I would get cracking and study the forums in Performance. The Group Buy cost will be £411, as Grant said.

Markiii is organising the GB. If you are quick you could be included before the order is finalised. Why not save time and send Mark a pm  s:?: :?: s:?:   He will give you all the details.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Tags: