2003 Silver MR2 FL Red Hood

Started by Reeflodge, November 9, 2015, 08:55

Reeflodge

I purchased my 2003 MR2 Facelift at the beginning of September after seeing it advertised on eBay at a "buy it now" price of £2k.
I went to Wokingham to view and after a test drive we agreed on a price of £1825 so I bought it.
It had 77k miles on the clock with full Toyota service history stamped in the book and 1 years MOT.
It came with TTE twin Exhaust, TTE Rear Spoiler, Red leather seats, 6 speed gearbox.

Faults were:-
Hood Split but did not leak
Wheels badly corroded
Rear panel paint faded
Arial would not go up or down
Fog lights corroded
Headlights yellowed
Only one key
Rear Nappy Missing
Rattle coming from engine bay.
But hey I wanted a project to do.

For the last 2 months I have spent around £1000 putting things right.

Exhaust Manifold Pre-cat removed
New Hood fitted at Jack Smiths
Wheels Refurbished and powder coated in BMW Ferric Grey Metallic
Rear Panel resprayed
Arial fixed as per MR2ROC "how to"
Fog lights replace with new ones
When doing Fog lights I noticed the Rad was in a sorry state so that was also replaced with a new one
Headlight cleaned up with Toothpaste and Maguire's Headlight restorer, look much better but not like new!
New Key sourced eBay and cut no remote door locking though.
Fisher price stock radio replaced with a Touch screen Radio/CD/DVD/GPS player made by Azur in Japan for Toyota so it was a straight swap.
Rear Nappy sourced from breakers.
Side vents painted black with silver mesh fitted.
Full service oil flush and change, new oil and air filters.

Outstanding jobs to do
Replace all Brake Discs and Pads
Replace Gearbox Oil with MT90
Find where rattle in engine bay is coming from at 3000rpm!

So for around £2800 we now have a near immaculate 2003 Facelift MR2!

2000 PFL Yellow MR2 Roadster
http://www.fredwoodman.co.uk

tommyzoom99

looks good buddy nice car, always like the red roof on silver/sable car suits them well.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

fatboy

Can't see the pictures, but that sounds great.  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Do you have any further info on stereo (model number etc, did you need blanking plates etc.) as I am looking to replace stock item with something with gps as can get lost getting onto the road from my off road parking!

Reeflodge

Don't know why you cant see photos, they open up fine on my PC?

I got my Head Unit from eBay and I am quite pleased with it, it was a straight swap no need for any additional connectors (unless you wand reversing camera, steering wheel controls etc etc), it has GPS, radio, DVD player, TV (need to buy an additional receiver) CD player, Blue tooth, USB ports, SD card port.
It has a built in mic so you can use hands free on your telephone, all for £155 delivered.

Here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151737178060?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2000 PFL Yellow MR2 Roadster
http://www.fredwoodman.co.uk

Tags: