eManage Blue on closed/open loop?

Started by shnazzle, November 10, 2015, 19:34

shnazzle

Quote from: "lamcote"My guesstimate is that the standard injectors could manage up to about 170bhp, although I have no direct experience of this so others might contradict this.

Hmm...may run out of cycle then when the cams go in, throttle body polished, ports done etc.
...neutiquam erro.

ChrisGB

Did the TTE turbo kit run stock injectors? If so, they will be fine.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Stock injectors are really maxing at about 185bhp but might push a couple more if you lucky

shnazzle

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Stock injectors are really maxing at about 185bhp but might push a couple more if you lucky

Oh ok. Well I severely doubt I'll ever see anytbhing like 185hp on NA so methinks the injectors should be fine.
No point getting bigger injectors if they're just going to be twiddling their thumbs
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

can't put up a vid for reasons known only to me, but here's the sound extract  s:D :D s:D

m https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1X5pQ ... sp=sharing m

If you turn it up pay attention you can hear the map "kick in" at 15/16 seconds.
...neutiquam erro.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Stock injectors are really maxing at about 185bhp but might push a couple more if you lucky

Thinking about it, that applied to engine under boost, so going to be comfortable for all but the most extreme NA 1zz-fe.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

keljon

i am interested in doing this, do you have a circuit diagram and parts list?
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

keljon

forget that, seems the emanage ultimate can do this directly by putting the TPS signal through an analog input / output
found this thread
 m http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292366 m

"What I do is take the tps signal from the sensor and run it into the analog input on the ultimate. Then take a wire from the analog output of the ultimate and run it to the ECM TPS input."

mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

shnazzle

Thought I'd post this in a slightly more relevant forum;
Does anybody know if when I do a "Main Unit Update" (the only option currently showing), it overwrites the map I have on there?
I'd love to pull the map off BEFORE I do any updates...
Or do I have to install an older version of the eManage support tool, then try to connect, get the map and then upgrade to 1.49?
...neutiquam erro.

Wabbitkilla

Main unit upgrade does not interfere with maps ... they are held in nvram separate to the os.

You can always back up the map to your laptop and then do a compare after the upgrade .... pushing it back on if you feel it's necesary
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

shnazzle

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Main unit upgrade does not interfere with maps ... they are held in nvram separate to the os.

You can always back up the map to your laptop and then do a compare after the upgrade .... pushing it back on if you feel it's necesary

Hmm..I suspect then that either my cable is not working or there's a version issue because the only option I have is "Main unit upgrade". So I can't get the map off.
I think I just need to order a cable from Giff-Tech and try that
...neutiquam erro.

Wabbitkilla

Giff-Tech cable works a treat.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

shnazzle

Jvanzyl this is the thread.  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Cheers Patrick!

And you seem to have done it AGAIN with convincing me to spend money!... .arrgh...  :-) :-) :-)  Hopefully Lee can suggest a way of keeping it in open loop based on the throttle position as you said..

jvanzyl

Good news! Lee is going to use set the throttle position on the emanage to 75% (using the Vtec input) to force open loop  :-) :-) :-)  (apologies if I have all the words in the wrong order there... I literally have no idea what I'm talking about).

So it'll be interesting to see how it works out..

shnazzle

Quote from: "jvanzyl"Good news! Lee is going to use set the throttle position on the emanage to 75% (using the Vtec input) to force open loop  :-) :-) :-)  (apologies if I have all the words in the wrong order there... I literally have no idea what I'm talking about).

So it'll be interesting to see how it works out..

It's interesting indeed. Personally I would use a switch to mimic boost input.
I'd like to think that you could basically force the car into open loop when you want to, basically almost standalone. Then flick the switch when you need the ecu to play nice with the o2 sensors for MOT.

Alternatively, and a bit more complicated, can you not just leave it as-is and instead of using the MAP sensor, use a feed to mimic the voltage sent by the MAP sensor for 0.5psi boost (that's what Lee's is set to right?). So, tricking the emanage into thinking there is boost. But keeping the boost map zero'd
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

err... hang on. So do you reckon that by having the emanage come on at 75% throttle it'd fail an MOT? I'm not sure what actually happens during an MOT but do they push the throttle past 75% ever?

If so - then yeah I'd totally agree that this could cause a problem..

EDIT: I found this as the method of testing the emissions.. the question is, would the accelerator be pushed passed 75% to achieve 2500 RPM?

1. Raise the engine speed to around 2500 rpm or half the maximum engine speed if this is lower.
Hold this speed steady for 20 seconds to ensure that the inlet and exhaust system is properly purged. Allow the engine to return to idle and the emissions to stabilise.

a. assess the engine idle speed.

b. assess the smoke emitted from the tailpipe at idle,

c. rapidly increase the engine speed to around 2500rpm or half maximum . engine speed if this is lower and assess the smoke emitted from the tailpipe. Allow the engine to return to idle.

shnazzle

no sorry the two things are not connected  s:) :) s:)  They'd never use 75% throttle in MOT. That would make it go to like 7k rpm  s:D :D s:D  haha
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

OK  - so my question is, is 75% throttle an everyday usable way of engaging the emanage? I'm assuming here that it would engage after 4krpm anyway..  and that this setup in theory it would have no issue with an MOT test?

shnazzle

Quote from: "jvanzyl"OK  - so my question is, is 75% throttle an everyday usable way of engaging the emanage? I'm assuming here that it would engage after 4krpm anyway..  and that this setup in theory it would have no issue with an MOT test?
Well I don't know the ins/outs of the 75% theory. I think what Lee is trying to achieve is make it so that when you're trying to get a move-on but the car is still in closed loop (depends on rpm, temperature, throttle, etc etc), you can make sure it switches to open loop and follows your (more aggressive) map instead.
But when you're tootling around the car goes into closed loop as per normal parameters and runs for efficiency, as designed by Toyota.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: