O2 sensor replacement?

Started by Anonymous, December 1, 2004, 18:39

Anonymous

Yorkie I reckon I have ordered the wrong one too  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  as it is the exhaust sensor I am after. (MR T told me the wrong part no.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )
I have emailed Gendan to see if they can get hold of these and change my order to one.
I'll let you know.

Anonymous

Alrighty then,

Gendan do stock the part (760mm cable), however they themselves source it from Toyota and then add a mark up, therefore it is more expensive than Mr T.
Gendan wanted £149.50; Mr T (Leeds) asked for £125.08.
If anyone can do better for the plug and play part (89465-17201), the offers/recommendations; Im sure, would be most welcome!

Anonymous

esult! (I hope)

I scoured the internet for someone selling OEM parts and came across a US ebay seller. His site is here  m http://stores.ebay.com/Auto-Parts-of-Detroit m . Anyway, I contact him about the two sensors and he said he can only get one. Anyway this is what he said about it:

"We were able to locate only the equivalent to Toyota 89465-17180 which is an NTK Japan No. 24594. It is brand new, OEM, exact fit. Your cost shipped, with regular US Postal Service air mail is $ 91.00. If you need to include shipping proof please add $ 7.50. We will supply a Customs Declaration number if needed."

He's saying its an OEM exact fit, does that mean its the same part which Toyota fit from the factory? Another website I found suggests the exhaust sensor is made by Bosch, and the two manifold sensors are made by Denso:  m http://www.drivewire.com/toyotaparts/ca ... ensor.html m

Does anyone know for sure? Would Mr T tell me if I asked? Either way, buying from the US is definately the way to go, not only are they cheaper but the exchange rate is so good I can get them for virtually half price.

thoughts anyone...

Anonymous

Yorkie;
The first link comes up with; "This store does not exist", is that just my machine?
The 2nd one looks promising, can anyone confirm? would save a bit of moolah!

Anonymous

also just found this site:

m http://replacement.car-stuff.com/parts/ ... c=true#top m

The top three show OEM parts, Denso making a manifold sensor and Bosch making both the manifold and exhaust sensors.

After two failures with incompatible universal sensors, I really want to buy the exact part. Is there anyway to tell from my old sensor who made it?

mr2mark

Hi........ I have the same problem .. Bank 1 sensor 2 .. but when I put my foot down the car accelerates very lumpy ... did you have that problem ??

Graeme

Quote from: "Mr 2"http://www.gendandirect.co.uk/viewproduct.php?product=O24WIRE

They're £35 and are made by DENSO, IIRC they make the stock O2 sensors fitted to the '2...

Has anyone tried these sensors from Gendan? The one I need is for post-cat. I read in an other post that the stock ones are slightly different to the ones in the manifold (different manufacturer etc). Has anyone tried these in the post cat (i.e. to sort out a P0141 error) and had any luck/bad experiences?

Thanks
Graeme
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

kanujunkie

same sensor, different wire length
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Graeme

I replace the sensor with the one i posted a link to above. The heater circuit only measured 3.9 ohms, but I thought I'd try it anyway. It was good for 100 miles, but now it's coming up with P0141 (faulty heater circuit) again, but resistance is still 4 ohms. Should it be reading a higher reistance, is this why the error is getting thrown up?

Graeme
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

Graeme

*Bump*

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "yorkie"sensor is made by Bosch, and the two manifold sensors are made by Denso:  m http://www.drivewire.com/toyotaparts/ca ... ensor.html m

Does anyone know for sure? Would Mr T tell me if I asked? Either way, buying from the US is definately the way to go, not only are they cheaper but the exchange rate is so good I can get them for virtually half price.

thoughts anyone...

Seriously expensive shipping though. $97.20 for the sensor and $105.21 for the shipping!    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

S

Graeme

So the minimum resistance is 5.11 ohms right?

R=V/A would equate to 5.11=12/2.35

Graeme

Tags: