Black TTE MR2 from Poland

Started by Tewje, December 16, 2015, 14:28

Tewje

100£ for OEM one or it's aftermarket one?
I won't be travelling in near future but there are other options of collecting it.

Jrichards20

Oem one. If you want a mohair one than there is a guy in Swansea that does is for £275 in a day. But that's a no go for you. Depends on how much you want to spend, but I guess a work around could be to buy a cheap working frame and get him to fit it for you and then deliver it over. I'm not sure there is such thing as an "aftermarket" hood that's off the shelf.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Tewje

I said goodbye to hardtop and welcome to soft top.
I'll take better pictures soon

Vin

What a lovely car. Great work  s:) :) s:)

Ardent

Quote from: "Tewje"I'll take better pictures soon

On the subject of photography, I do like your Feb 15th pictures. Like the setting.
Look forward to more.

Tewje

It's been long time since my last post. My MR2 has changed a bit. My aim was to create a full TTE version of my car with few extra bits. So MR2 TTE +
First thing are yellow seats and door panels. Very rare and very hard to keep clean.

Than I flocked the central tunnel, glove box, central console cover and storage space behind the seats.

I bought few TTE accesories:
-17' wheels,
-rear bumper inserts
-side vents
-front bumper
-style bar (painted in black)
-chrome ring (painted it in black but it've lost it's shape! I can't fit it now!)
-lowering springs
-Exhaust

The only thing I want from TTE package that I don't have right now is turbo...
Now my car looks like that:

[imghttps://s21.postimg.org/qmmvy2huv/DSC00497.jpg[/img]

I've also changed aerial - from electric one to standard model. It's now black and can't broke - cheaper and better option.
Last thing from exterior and interior mods I'd like to add is light in glovebox. Will do that in next two weeks. And it would be the end of my story....

...untill next year. I must think about new soft top.

Hope you like it!

jvanzyl

Like it?????

I LOVE it! Who wouldn't want to slide into that thing??

Out of interest, what's the handling like on those wheels?

Tewje

Thanx! Well, they are heavy. So it's not as fast as on 16' but apart from that they work well.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

SuperArt

Just to annoy you, you're also missing the TTE stabiliser kit and TTE spoiler.  s;) ;) s;)
You already know I love your car Marcin.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Tewje

I've got TTE banana spoiler from Dick but It's still in bodyshop. But you are right. There was a lot more accessories from TTE: gear knob, central console plates, chrome rings around gauges ect. Now I need to focus on mechanical part. Front and rear strut bars, braces and turbo or 2zz conv.
About the 16' wheels. It's more or less 5 kg!

SuperArt

5kg is very light. Even lighter than my supposedly lightweight wheels. Are you certain? Is the balance you used within calibration?
I am slightly sceptical as TTE wheels have a reputation for being heavier than stock.
Best regards,
Arthur

shnazzle

Loving the look. Inside and out.
...neutiquam erro.

Joesson

Bardzo madry.

Tewje

Quote from: "Joesson"Bardzo madry.

So close.... bardzo mądry means - very smart

Joesson

I might be close but your 2 is na miejscu!

Tewje

I'd like to go turbo. But in the TTE style-so I want to make the exact copy of all TTE turbo components. Thanks to Arthur L. I've read a lot of stuff about it. I know that turbocharger is very easy to buy (same as in SAAB 9000-around 100£ in Poland), but there are also IC, fan, manifold, ecu and pipes. Anyone has an idea where I can buy them? Did they existed in other models than mr2 (like turbocharger)?

Tewje

Another TTE part missing that I fit lately.
It's a chrome gear knob surround. I painted it black
iPhone photo so poor quallity this time

Tewje

As polish winter is full of snow my MR2 is still in tuner shop where my TTE (Tewje Turbo Edition) turbo it is building.
They replaced my 5 speed gearbox with 5 speed LSD one.

My turbo kit would be ready around 12.03

I've also received front strut brace and  Mattperformance X brace as well painted in black. I think that fitting braces is very important when you want to go turbo.

Now, I need your help guys. As I want to have my mr2 in perfect condition I need to replace my soft top which is very tired after 16 years. I wanted to buy a soft top from Jack Smith from Swansea. I called him yesterday and he told me that it could be a problem to fit it by myself (in fact I want to leave it to one of local trimmers in Poland). And he recommended me  m http://allhoodsltd.com/ m  from Essex. I've got 3 questions

1. Have any of you fitted J.S soft top by himself?
2. Do you have any comments about All Hoods Limited roofs quality?
3. Can you compare value for money - J.C vs All hoods?

I want to buy the best mohair roof for my mr2 I can so any opinions would be usefull

Tewje

As I can see no one has ever bought a soft top from Swansea and fit it by himself. And no one has ever bought a st from Essex.

stu h

stunning looking car -wheels look really good

SuperArt

Quote from: "Tewje"As I can see no one has ever bought a soft top from Swansea and fit it by himself. And no one has ever bought a st from Essex.

Plenty have bought from Jack Smith, but they usually buy the installation as part of the package.
I don't know anyone who bought the hood from Jack Smith to fit DIY style though.
I'm a bit surprised by the lack of feedback from Mohair hood owners though. Perhaps try posting in the mohair soft top thread.
Best regards,
Arthur

Tewje

Quote from: "SuperArt"
Quote from: "Tewje"As I can see no one has ever bought a soft top from Swansea and fit it by himself. And no one has ever bought a st from Essex.

Plenty have bought from Jack Smith, but they usually buy the installation as part of the package.
I don't know anyone who bought the hood from Jack Smith to fit DIY style though.
I'm a bit surprised by the lack of feedback from Mohair hood owners though. Perhaps try posting in the mohair soft top thread.

Done it already!!

Thanx Mr.Super

Tewje

Turbo kit Is on It's way. Almost 60-70% Is nów complete. Mani + turbo + dp look like that

X-brace fit as well

Tewje

As 99% of Mr2's mine had holes in rear crossmember.

So I welded the hole and powder coated it in shining black

Tewje

I'll start assembling turbo kit tomorrow. That is why I made last tests of my stock car. Firstly, I've checked it's balance and weight. Car is heavy - hard top, aftermarket audio set up, style bar, 17 inch wheels, A/C plus a lot of silent mats fitted inside doors.

After that I made dyno test. Looks ok.

Hope that next one would show 190 HP and 255 nM

Tags: