Black TTE MR2 from Poland

Started by Tewje, December 16, 2015, 14:28

JoeCool

Looks wise, one of my favorite cars here. Love that interior combination. The duck tail just sets off the rear, in my opinion..

Hopefully mine can look half as good one day!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Tewje

I'm on a last straight line of TTE rebuild project. Almost 95% of work has been done. Last two things are: assembling blow off DV and tuning my car. Hope I would test drive my mr on saturday.
This is the photo I received directly from garage

Of course story doesn't end here. Next steps would be: new roof, fl underbody brace and light in glove box.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Tewje

Last pictures before finish
1. Engine bay

2. IC

I really can't wait to test my car!

Tewje

Grande Finale!

My own version of TTE kit is finally ready. After two months of work and hundreds of articles/forums read my MR2 in it's final shape.
I always wanted to have TTE version so when I bought my car two years ago (without a single TTE feature...) I knew that someday it must look like authentic TTE one.

Chrome design gear knob cover. Painted in black as most of my additions

Flocked rear trunk doors and bins. Previousy I flocked arm rests, central tunnel and dash cover plus inside of glove box. Rear trunk was the last part of my flocked concept. Looks great, is very silence but for sure it needs much more care than plastic.

TTE spoiler. I like it a lot. Looks amazing with hardtop and even better with soft top. Because of it my previous duck tail spoiler is for sale. If you're interested - just PM me.

It's a "goodbye" for my hardtop. Day after this session soft top days has come.

Yellow fabric is a real pain in the a.. if you want to have a clean interior. Need to wash it every 2 weeks.

Stock interior is a good interior.

Electric antenna was a crap. Conventional one works perfect.

Red Toyota's badge has finally got its justification. 188 HP.

Turbo kit. Same as TTE. 188 HP and 247 nM

Really like the sound of blow off DV

Fuel cap is waiting for TTE chrome ring.
Will be mounted very soon.

Small license plate is illegal in Poland. But it looks so cool that I can take a risk.

My car now is almost finished. Just chrome ring, bigger injections (2zz ones) and mohair roof. And that would it. I mean that won't be the end but just the beginning of my future journeys with one of the cheapest "drivers cars" and "fun cars" ever made.

SuperArt

This is my favourite "reader's ride" blog. A lot of time, effort and coin went into this build, well done man.
Now you can start having adventures in it!
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Call the midlife!

Tidy like, I like the yellow accents, they really brighten the interior up. Lovely job Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

culmen

Did You think about "move" air filter output  from front to side?
Similar to mine build?

s12vea

Great TTE example
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Tewje

Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad that you like it. I changed soft top yesterday. It's a used mohair in poor condition so needs some treatment and cleaning before I take better pictures

Tewje

Stats...

1. Total weight of my stock mr2 without turbo but with hardtop. Almost perfectly balanced car

2. With turbo and hardtop

3. Turbo without hardtop. Looks ok but it would be good if I move battery on front.

4. Final dyno tests with turbo

5. NA vs Turbo

Tewje

Few things since my last post has changed. Firstly I finally have my new roof fitted. It's mohair one-much better than our standard vinyls. Photos would arrive soon.

I found real gems - TTE chicane wheels. Need to paint them-refresh in fact and put my new Hankook ventus v12 tyres on.

My old 17 TTE wheels are for sale now.

These are the good news. There are bad as well. I still have got problems with my turbo.
1. Lambda error - needed to buy an emulator. No check engine sign anymore
2. I've got small leak from oil pipe. One that goes from turbo to oil sump. Now it's ok.
3. My downpipe has broken. I think that my tuner made it poorly. He tries to convince me that I hit a stone or sth. Can't judge it but now downpipe has few supports that are mounted to engine.
4. I've got a strange power break around 4,5 k rpm during full throttle runs. It was piggyback fault. Program has been changed and now it works ok

Till yesterday.... I've noticed huge power drop from 1 k rpm to 4,5-5 rpm. My car was doing 95 km/h on second gear (105 km/h when it was 188 hp), and sprint from 0-60 mph took 7 comparing to 5,9 when it was ok.
I went to check my power and that is the result

Now my car is in tuners garage-they are checking what is wrong with it. But as I still had problems with my tuner our relations are harsh. I'm afraid that he would be trying to find a problem elsewhere- not in his job.
I can hear ping during acceleration - as some air masses are going out of the turbo. Whole situation with my car drives me crazy. It more often in garage than on the road.
Tuner argues that TTE intercooler is a very bad idea (height temp in intake system) and my injections work 100% efficiency. That is why this car is so fragile. What do you think about it?
Sorry for my English!

Tewje

First picture of my new armrest

Tewje

Few new items have come so it's high time for new photos.

1. Very rare TTE chicane wheels. Plus TTE turbo sticker. And outstanding hankook tyres!

2. TTE chrome ring painted black

3. Armrest covered by original fabric. Same as on seats

4. Few shots of my mr2. But more interesting is swimming pool at the background. Good architecture from late 60'

I really hope that I can control myself and can stop buying new things every month. For sure I'd upgrade turbo by adding 2zzw injections and removing catalyst. And that would be all. Grande finale!

Tewje

New details

Catalyst went to trash

jvanzyl

Terrific looking car man. Love the attention to detail!
Did you get the stuff sorted with your tuner?

Tewje

Thx!
Nice to ready that!
I can say that I solved 90% problems with my tuner. Car is quick, has power (188 HP) so I'm ok.
But there is still one thing - exhaust sound. It's very dissapointing. Very metallic - no bass at all.

jvanzyl

No seriously, your car is a fantastic example  :-) :-) :-)

Good to hear about the issues getting solved! Deeper than a TTE exhaust... Hmm... Some kind of resonator maybe?

Tewje

Exhaust is very silent. I can hear turbo whistle and, as you said, something resonates. I can hear that on high revs for the time when engine is cold.
Need to record that and post here

Tewje

Car is perfect again. Rattle came from catalyst cover. Good news were a perfect inspiration for a quick drive

widermuller

Funny, those wheels are what I'm after! as a second set.
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

Tewje

Quote from: "widermuller"Funny, those wheels are what I'm after! as a second set.

I've just sold one set. They are quite popular right now

Tewje

DEL

Tags: