Will 14" MX-5 wheels fit?

Started by Anonymous, December 4, 2004, 09:58

Anonymous

i'm in a bit of a quandry, i have a set of 15" wheels with race rubber already mounted, but using them requires 5mm spacers that i've been too lazy to acquire......

a friend of mine has a set of 14" wheels of off a miata (mx-5) with brand new race tires mounted......he's willing to give these to me.......

i'm meeting some friends at an autox on sunday, i'll need race rubber, but i won't be able to check out the fitment of the miata wheels prior to the event......does anyone know if these wheels will clear our brakes?

thanks!

kev

Darth Paul

I sold a set of stock 15" MR2 wheels to a friend for his first gen MX5. Fitment was exactly the same. 100mm psd/45 offset (I think  s:? :? s:?  ) All he had to do was unscrew the locator mounting lug on the rear wheels to fit them onto his car.

Anonymous

right, but i'm curious as to whether or not the 14" wheels will clear our brakes.....

kev

Tem

The 14x6" wheels from Mazda MX-3 fit in the front, but touch the brakes in the back. It looked like the caliper could be filed a bit to clear the wheels, but I never bothered to try.

Also, no idea if the MX-3 and MX-5 wheels are similar  s:? :? s:?  I'd guess they won't fit though...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: