where are the frunk drains located?

Started by Alex1197, January 29, 2016, 20:44

Alex1197

Are there any drains or big gaps that go under it to the passenger bulkhead as well?

Still trying to find where the drains can be accessed on the passenger side for my leak. Cheers!

MR Roadie 2

Alex1197,
I have been informed (by a local spray painter) that there is drains and they are under the plastic cover at the bottom of the windscreen. You need to remove the wiper arms first 13mm nut then remove the 4 grub screw which hold the plastic cover in. If its lies I am telling you then its lies I have been told.
Yesterday, I also found water in the passenger foot well of my car.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  I have taken out my passenger seat, pulled out the sound proofing foam which was soaking with about a pint of water, then folded back the carpet to dry of the metal floor. The water was only in the front of the passenger side, all was dry under the carpet at the back of the passenger side. I inspected the foot well this morning, as we had some rain last night and the foot well was dry.
I am planning to park it in a different direction tonight and see if the water starts leaking in, as I am wondering if this leak has been from months ago when I use to reverse my car into the drive. I only got my car last September so I don't have great experience, although this forum has been very helpful. I also wonder if my leak started before I bought my car. Just for note, I have a hard top and I am unsure if this could cause any issue,  maybe leaking round the top windscreen frame.
On a plus side I had bought some sound deadening and extra foam insulation for the foot wells and never got round to fitting it. So once I FIND! and FIX! this leak I'll get these items installed.
Let me know how you get on and I will keep you up to date with my findings.
2000 silver, Red leather seats, A/C.
Mods so far- 2005 Engine, Hankook tyres, Goodridge braided lines, EBC Greenstuff, Matt Performance brace, FL front brace, Yellowspeed coilovers, Custom quad exhaust + toyo manifold, markiii pipe, K&N Panel filter, TRD side skirts, rear spats, rear spoiler.

2006 Silver SP240 Turbo, red & black seats & red/black steering wheel, hardtop, ac, Halo DRL/Fog lights,

Tags: