Mini supercharger on 1zz

Started by Carolyn, February 26, 2016, 19:14

Petrus

Quote from: MrT on June  5, 2022, 14:03If I had the money

I do but even taken that thus out of the equation, all engine tuning has downsides. Even reducing engine rotating mass has a ´price´.

The ebay one is sub-ideal btw.

On the Rotrex there is quíte a bit on Spyderchat btw.

MrT

Quote from: Petrus on June  6, 2022, 08:58I do but even taken that thus out of the equation, all engine tuning has downsides. Even reducing engine rotating mass has a ´price´.

The ebay one is sub-ideal btw.

On the Rotrex there is quíte a bit on Spyderchat btw.

The eBay item isn't suitable for the zzw30 chassis but has all the parts needed at very reduced cost subject to final bidding, that was my point. Would need a mounting solution for which I could consider the AC location if I were inclined to try using a Rotrex, but as I said for less money and daily driveability (low-mid range torque) I'd prefer the Roots/Eaton SC and I have an M45 waiting patiently...
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

tatieu

Quote from: Petrus on May 28, 2022, 01:16@MrT  here a photo of the Rotrex mounted instead of the AC compressor

This can make a véry compact, light and silent install but the things are stúnningly expensive  :o
Do you have other pics of this setup ???