2ZZ Roadster vacuum hoses question

Started by alancsalt, March 15, 2016, 08:04

alancsalt

I'm an Australian that has put a "Corolla Sportivo" 2ZZ-GE into a ZZW30  with a JDM Celica ECU. It's running silly rich but has the right MAF and O2 sensor, so I'm trying to work out why.

One thought is that I've put the vacuum hoses on according to a USA guide, and I know the pollution gear there isn't the same. I'm told our pollution gear matches Europe.
So I'm wondering if anyone has a photo or diagram of how they set up their "T-sport" (?) 2zz-ge vacuum hoses or knows of a 2zz into mr2 roadster guide that includes a pic or diagram? (That isn't American.)
Toyota MR2 Spyder, November 2002, Engineer approved 2001 Celica 2ZZ motor and C60 trans, MWR Carbon lined synchro set, SMT to Manual conversion, PPE headers,Fabricated Cat/Exhaust, Power FC ECU

JoeCool

Hey there. I may not be able to help much as I didn't do my own swap, but to clarify - did you keep the secondary air injection system or delete it? Did your engine even have it? These engines went through a few iterations of emissions control so it's hard to know exactly what you got in Oz.

When I have my car back later in the week I can take photos of the routes of things, if it turns out to be similar to yours. Others may well know more and be able to help more promptly!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

alancsalt

Secondary air injection - an air pump? Our Corrola Sportivo didn't have that.

Our Celica and Corolla Sportivo differ in their intake and throttle body. The Celica throttle body is horizontal while the Sportivo is upswept.
Toyota MR2 Spyder, November 2002, Engineer approved 2001 Celica 2ZZ motor and C60 trans, MWR Carbon lined synchro set, SMT to Manual conversion, PPE headers,Fabricated Cat/Exhaust, Power FC ECU

alancsalt

TPS is reading backwards, so I'll change the wires and then troubleshoot the P0120 code I get when I do that.

Tags: