1st MOT fail!

Started by amz91, March 15, 2016, 15:38

amz91

Yesterday I took my car for MOT slightly expecting a fail to do with my handbrake.

It flew through everything without any advisories bar one thing ....

"rear parking brake recording little or no effort offside"

Now this caliper was replaced a few months back...

Iv managed tighten my handbrake by tightening the nuts to the side of the leaver is the anything I can do with the caliper? The one mechanic I want to use can only fit me in a week today so I'm toying with the idea of maybe I could do something myself?

When I apply the handbrake I think its holding more to one side.

Any help would be appreciated  s:) :) s:)
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

StuC

Always with the handbrake, eh?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
I feel your pain. I am in the same place.

It's all about the right adjustment at the caliper end, before you touch the lever end. This is what I have learnt from our newest expert Steve@D1Customs.
It's about resetting the auto-adjust mech and getting the piston for the pads to just touch the disc.

Just out of interest, can you confirm that the cables are moving freely?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

amz91

Just letting you know after seeing Steve at the weekend and him being a genius! My two has passed on its retest  s:) :) s:)  

Thanks again stu for pointing me in the right direction, think we have a new wizard!
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

StuC

Good news Amy.  :-) :-) :-)  

Happy to point people Steve's way. A gent through and through.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Steve@D1Customs

that's excellent news Amy, glad I could be of help  s:D :D s:D

Thanks again Stu  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: