Whiteline camber bolts when fitting Tein springs....

Started by swandez, April 5, 2016, 13:02

swandez

Booking my car into Rouge this week to have Tein springs fitted and they have suggested they do the alignment (makes sense) they have also suggested fitting whiteline camber bolts at the same time.

Anyone else used these? are they a worthwhile upgrade when changing the springs in order to dial in some camber etc?

Wabbitkilla

Yes ... I think it's eminently sensible to do this, I remember with Tein springs my camber went quite out of sorts causing handling problems.
With the bolts the can cancel out the increase in camber caused by the lowering springs.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

AndyM

This was exactly what I had planned for mine too, however when Spit and I fitted the Teins we couldn't get the Whitelines to work particularly well (they weren't holding tight enough) and the camber seemed okay anyway so we just went back to the stock bolts. I still have the whitelines in a bag somewhere actually now I think about it.

I do think if you have them it's worth trying them though as the adjustability is useful to have.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

HUTTY

I fitted Toyota Mk2 crash bolts to our race car as you can get a good fit to the Mk3 and make sure they are tight.
they come in 3 sizes and are about £4 a bolt a lot cheaper than whiteline
90105-15004 x 2no and 90105-15005 x 2no
Depending on what camber you want the bolts go up to around 3 degrees

Tags: