new build

Started by mrtecone1, April 12, 2016, 19:28

mrtecone1

Hi all I have not been a member on the owners club for long but have found it to be a great help so far even if I have taken the Toyota lump out and fitted a K20.
The car started off as a very nice clean 2000 car ,it came with a few goody's ,hard top a must for my rallying and a few mods springs braces and underfloor brace ,other than lift off over steer it seamed quite good bit slow but fun.
It was then stripped as much as possible and then driven for a few weeks before the big build started.
It was stripped to a rolling shell and had a full custom cage put in ,a very nice job it is.
I then had a bias pedal box made with a dash adjuster so the servo could go.
Next was to have a alloy fuel tank made to fit in the front to even the weight up a bit.
The engine mount and gear linkage kit came from the USA and made fitting the K20 a very simple job, a few inspection squares were then cut out the rear bulk head to see what was going on.
I have binned the standard callipers and gone for 300mm front discs and bells along with 4 pot Alcons ,same callipers on the rear but with EBC discs.
I also had from GT4 play a set of adjustable rear arms and Polly bush set up.
I ripped out the loom and have one being made, nice and simple.
Also had polycarbonate windows made for the sides.
AVO UK have made me a set of 3 way remote adjustable suspension.
Inside is very bare just a carbon centre panel ,and digital dash ,if I ever work out how to place pictures on here I will as I have pictures from road car up to date.
Over and out for the moment.

Ardent

hello and welcome.

looking fwd to the pics

s12vea

Sounds interesting pictures would be great
Another one won't hurt  .....

Bernie

Welcome along you have been busy & an interesting project get some piks up for us to have a drool !
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

J03

Hi there  s:) :) s:)  Could you put up a bit more info re the alloy fuel tank?
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

shnazzle

any chance there are any pics of this build?
...neutiquam erro.

J03

Yep, come on Dean, sort it out   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

s12vea

Updates please  s:) :) s:)
Another one won't hurt  .....

Tags: