Steering Wheel Boss

Started by Alex Knight, April 26, 2016, 17:07

Alex Knight

Hi all,

Had a quick search, but didn't turn up anything deinitive.

Who has a steering wheel boss which self-cancels the indicators?

I'm looking at getting a Personal Neo-Grinta wheel, and would like to mate it to a boss that works!

Many thanks.

TiM3

I have a Momo one that self cancels, got it from Demon Tweeks Direct on EBay
2001 MR2 Roadster - Cusco front strut brace, Chico Racing shift bushes, soft top delete, 2ZZ-GE, Eliseparts sump, 6 speed box, 4.529 final drive, LSD, custom induction, Zorstec 4-1 manifold, 100cel cat, P&P full cage, RRS 6 points, Cobra Imolas, BC Coilovers (5/7) BattleVersion rear arms, polybushed front arms, poly windows, gutted doors and dash.

Alex Knight

Thanks chap.

Do you have a link or a part number?

MilesH

Alex, I tried a number of bosses, including two off ebay and the momo mentioned above.

The momo (whilst more expensive) was the only one I felt fitted properly and would be happy to use - based on the number of threads left showing that the central nut would tighten onto and the overall quality.

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... l-boss-kit m

Alex Knight

Miles,

Many thanks for your reply. I don't mind spending the money if it's good quality.

Just one more question if you don't mind: Did you also get the airbag light cancel 'kit' from DT?

Standard

I have a Momo boss kit (MK7733R I think) that cancels the indicators on my PFL. I think I paid £78(ish) delivered.

It comes with everything you need including the resistor to stop the airbag light staying on. Bear in mind that you may need to account for a horn button when buying a wheel. The instructions that are included are pretty poor imo.

Quite a simple job really and took me around an hour (and I'm rubbish with a spanner).

However you will need a different kind of boss for that wheel as the screw figments are positioned in a different place on the wheel... I think it's a nardi boss you will need.   s:?: :?: s:?:  

MilesH

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Miles,

Many thanks for your reply. I don't mind spending the money if it's good quality.

Just one more question if you don't mind: Did you also get the airbag light cancel 'kit' from DT?

No, I just bought a 5p 3.3ohm resistor from Maplins  s:) :) s:)

Alex Knight

Thanks all for the replies.

I will go with the Momo.

Alex Knight

One last question!

Does anyone know the diameter of the standard steering wheel?

Trying to decide on a 330mm or a 350mm!

Standard

It is 350mm for the standard wheel.

Don't forget if you want that particular wheel that you pictures you will need a different boss as the fitment is less common.

Alex Knight

Thank you for that.

You can get a PCD adapter to allow fitment of Personal/Nardi wheels to momo bosses:

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... ring-wheel m

I'll go for the 330mm then.

Tags: