Alarm problem after JAE...

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2003, 17:24

Anonymous

...We had a few alarm problems on Sunday at JAE, something was pissing all of our alarms off.

Well now mine seems to still be pissing around the odd time.  It just kept going off for no reason when I got back.  It seems fine now but my indicator fuse keeps blowing, i've put 2 15 fuse in and they blew, then I put a 20 in and that still blew   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

The two things may be unconnected.  The fact you keep blowing progressivly higher rated fuses suggests you've got a short somewhere in the circuit... be warey, as the alarm problem may be a red herring.

Anonymous

I had the alarm problem at JAE but as soon as i got home, all was fine again (touch wood).

I would get it looked at mate, just incase its something that could get worse.

Anonymous

Well the alarm is working fine now and seems to be staying like it.  BUT my indicators are dead and keep blowing.

Anonymous

Mine was playing up at JAE too, but I reckon its all the other infrareds in the air or something.  All is well now.

Anonymous

So my Electrician shows up and it works first time with a new fuse   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"So my Electrician shows up and it works first time with a new fuse   s:? :? s:?

So as soon as a unlock the car again the alarm goes nuts and the fuse for the lights blows again.

Mr T have almost told me to F off, I am NOT impressd

Anonymous

Go and kick their ass!!!!!   s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

cheak the pink wire from the alram hardness from the alarm master controller this is directly conected to the fuse you talk of and this is one of teh few wires on teh alram harness that carries any Volts

Anonymous

Well a friend is looking at it now again (Same guy as yesterday).  He thinks there is a fault on the right hand side indicators and he's trying to find out what.  The right hand side indicators are blowing the fuse which is making the alarm panic.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Well a friend is looking at it now again (Same guy as yesterday).  He thinks there is a fault on the right hand side indicators and he's trying to find out what.  The right hand side indicators are blowing the fuse which is making the alarm panic.

This may seem silly but have you tried taking out all the rhs indicator bulbs, putting the indicator on and putting the bulbs back one-by-one? You may find out that it is a problem with the bulb.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Well a friend is looking at it now again (Same guy as yesterday).  He thinks there is a fault on the right hand side indicators and he's trying to find out what.  The right hand side indicators are blowing the fuse which is making the alarm panic.

This may seem silly but have you tried taking out all the rhs indicator bulbs, putting the indicator on and putting the bulbs back one-by-one? You may find out that it is a problem with the bulb.

No it dosnt sound silly, i've seen bulbs blow car fuses before but right now i'm leaving it to Dave the electrician and i'm typing reports   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: