Apexi Power FC puzzle! SOLVED!

Started by loadswine, April 30, 2016, 17:27

Topdownman

Very happy for you Nige!

Hope you getting it running right without so much hassle.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

loadswine

Quote from: "cabbydave"So it was a earth that was dissapearing when you crank the car then?
Looking at the state of it, Dave, it probably wasn't earthing properly at all. This one wasn't one I checked yesterday.

@ Simon. Thanks.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

onion86

Good news you got it sorted Nige, get the TBs swapped back and hopefully should run smooth  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

loadswine

Thanks Stu. Yes, I will swap them back soon. I think the uprated map is gone, but I need to get a map specific to the current mods anyway. The idle won't settle currently, I am hoping a good mapper should sort that. Just need to find a good mapper somewhere near ish to me now. Shame Ryan from 2bar tuning moved out of the country. Need someone who can tweak the valve timing to take account of the stage 1 cams ( not sure of the spec) and the ppe manifold.

MisterK

That was a mission to get that one sorted Nige - not something I would have had a clue about   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    I hope you can get it mapped properly now and enjoy the car with everything on it.   s:D :D s:D
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Wabbitkilla

Had to be something stoopid didn't it!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Just need to get that TB back on and map it to match current mods ... I look forward to seeing how it behaves on the dyno
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

s12vea

Great news. As the spec was pretty much the same as FGROB / Bernie / my old car it should be great fun on the road. Not forgetting the car TB sounds   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

loadswine

Its only a large bore tb, but with the intake, sounds very pleasant.

s12vea

I'm sure it's still very rewarding.
TF204 Blue

loadswine

Even on the base pfc map it feels better. As long as I don't have the issues that ChrisGB had with stage 1 cams and ppe manifold, then it will be good. Tommyzoom has excellent results, albeit with st 3 cams and higher comp ratio.

Anonymous

Congrats Nige, time to start enjoying it now.

s12vea

Already for the heatwave next week
TF204 Blue

tomaky

Nigel if you please cross your fingers, bollucks, toes and anything else you got going on, in the hope that i may have the same issue...
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

loadswine

Tom, you have certainly given me a list of things to cross! Lol
The sensor didn't look too bad from underneath, but the earth tab and surrounding area was clearly not in a good state at all. Worth a try mate, give it a clean, can't do any harm.  s;) ;) s;)

Wabbitkilla

I was just thinking there have been (and is) other members who have non-starters and this could be a good place to point them.
Though obviously on the Wabbit the oem ecu seems perfectly happy to fire up regardless of any problems   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Jrichards20

Well done Nige! Bet that's a relief!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

tomaky

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I was just thinking there have been (and is) other members who have non-starters and this could be a good place to point them.
Though obviously on the Wabbit the oem ecu seems perfectly happy to fire up regardless of any problems   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mine also fires on the stock ecu, runs like crap obviously.

Will give it a go this eve, if that doesnt work, will ring link and send them the map to dull the triggers. Just need it to run on the link mapping and all that can come later, i want it on the road so i can sell the sable, im going to push for ding day but it might be too big of a ask.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

tomaky

This the puppy?
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

loadswine

That is indeed the earth tab Tom. Mine was barely anything other than rusty brown. Yours looks pretty clean, but worth cleaning the bolt and thread anyway.

tomaky

It wasnt attached haha. That picture is basically as found. The bolt looks a mofo to remove, currently re fuelling myself.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

s12vea

Come on Tom hurry up! Ding day isn't far away.
TF204 Blue

tomaky

Im home again, good progress made. I managed to get the link to fire in the sable hahaha
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

loadswine

That is a start, at least you know the link and its loom are good. Just got to hunt down the fault on the turbo car now.

tomaky

Hunting may re commence tonight. i may well ring link aswell and see if them adjusting the triggers could help at least then i can count that out and they might point me in the right direction. worst outcome is i have 2 maps ha.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

tomaky

In tonights episode of tom takes over Nigels thread...
Had to wait till 9:30 for the boys in NZ to come on line, they are working on the map over night, in the mean time i fitted the short shifter and started on speakers.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Tags: