Car Cut Out :( Won't Start Immobilser/ECU Problem? NOW FIXED

Started by Alex Knight, May 3, 2016, 20:44

Alex Knight

Hi all,

On the way back from a trackday at Anglesey yesterday (car was mega by the way), travelling along the A55 dual carriageway at a steady 60MPH, the car suddenly lost all power, and then died.

It now will not start. It's cranking fine, there's compression there, it just will not start.

I believe that the problem may be to do with the immobiliser/ECU.

Currently, with the key removed from the ignition, the immobiliser light is not flashing. At all.
When you insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to ACC, the immobiliser light still does not flash.
However, when you turn on the ignition, the immobiliser light flashes slowly. When you switch off the ignition, the light extinguishes.

Does anyone have any ideas/previous experience of this?

Failing that, does anyone have a JDM/USDM 2ZZ ECU, or their own 2ZZ ECU and transponder close to Bristol that I could try, in order that I can eliminate the ECU?
Beer tokens waiting!

FYI,

The car has an immobilised 2ZZ install, running trouble free for over 2 years now.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Alex.

Topdownman

Not sure if this will help;

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58281 l

Have you put a code reader on the car? On mine it wouldn't communicate which was because the ecu was getting no power but the AA didnt pick this up as a simple blown fuse.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Alex Knight

Hero!

Just been out to check, and it had indeed blown the 15A EFI1 fuse!

I should have spotted it, but the ECU light wasn't lighting up with the ignition and the code reader wouldn't link.

Replaced it with the 15A hazards fuse and it fired straight up!   s:D :D s:D

Have a feeling it was water ingress somewhere (as per your car) from the very wet track at Angelsey.

Thank you so much, I was in a pickle as I give my company car back tomorrow.

Topdownman

Result!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: