Anyone brought one of these?

Started by andy bird, May 14, 2016, 19:50

andy bird

My new Roadster is smoking bad so if when I clean the PCV it is still smoking I am going to rebuild it.  So the question is has anyone brought one of these kits?

Look at this on eBay   m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191633059340 m

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

beavisrules

Doesn't include valve stem seals , which could also be your culprit.

also not so sure of their 'made in Indonesia' pistons.
Personally I'd just get another engine. for a 1zz you aren't looking ant much over 350.

or a good time for a 2zz upgrade.

andy bird

Didn't want to buy another 1zz and it just have the same problem to be honest and don't fancy the 2zz

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

cabbydave

Toyotas dont have the same size bearing on the big ends or main bearings they just machine the crank to the closest size bearing. The only way you will get a full set of same sized bearings is if the crank has been ground. Also I would only trust a Toyota head gasket so to that end no it won't do. Your best off getting new rings getting the pistons cleaned and the bores honed then check the crank and replace grind as required. Your engine has probably done over 80,000 so by doing that it will be good for another 80 if you change the oil and flush it regularly

andy bird

Yes it's at 100k now.  

Thanks for the advice.

If the crank bearings are showing no copper I can't just chuck another set in then as they are not the same size?

cabbydave

Yes Andy

Carolyn

Quote from: beavisrulesalso not so sure of their 'made in Indonesia' pistons.

I must disagree, having physically compared those pistons to the one that came out of my MR s engine.  They are of higher quality than the original ones, both in finish and casting with slightly thicker crowns.

They also have eight larger oil holes that overlap the bottom of the oil control rings as opposed to the inadequate four holes that are smaller and do not overlap.  The originals were always a poor design and prone to gumming up as attested by Matt of Matt Performance.

I consider them to be a good upgrade.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Tags: