IAC Valve

Started by viper_rage, May 17, 2016, 09:01

viper_rage

Hi Guys!

I have a rough idle, so naturally I took the throttle body off and cleaned it, however whilst cleaning it I found that the bearing itself is a little rough. So I wanted to buy a new one, but it seems to be impossible to find one online!

I ordered a whole throttle body (with the IACV still attached) from a scrap dealer, however it is completely seized, so it was a waste of time.

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a new one in good condition?

I am based in the UK, so the nearer the better.

Thanks guys!

viper_rage

s:( :( s:(

stupink

they seem to be prone to seizing. but can be freed up quite easy as you found.. i'd be tempted to clean up the second hand one you purchased to see if you feel the bearings are good..
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

keljon

yeah mine was completely sezied but freed up with a clean
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

viper_rage

This is good to know! Did you just use carb cleaner? What sort of brush did you use? I'm scared to use a wire brush on the inner working of something like this valve.

keljon

i just used carb cleaner and then a few drops of air tool oil after in the bearings
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

stupink

I think I just soaked mine in WD40..  it could possibly have been engine degreaser.. I don't think it matters too much, the kind of horrible fumes going through it would be far more damaging to it.
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: