Antiflex plate

Started by markiii, July 28, 2003, 09:32

markiii

For those of you who asked me what an anti flex plate did and is it any good while at JAE, heres some pics showing what it replaces and what it looks like.

m http://www.mr2-spyder.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=311 m

It's a 6 bolt remove install, and the cheapest most effective mod you can make.

There are currently 3 different versions available. None of which is particulary better than the others, Group buys are being run by our US cousins on one of them at the moment

see

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 7156#67156 m

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Do the US cars have underseal on?  Would that make installing/removing a little more tricky?

markiii

not a problem, the underseal is hard on our cars and I had no problem installing mine.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Cool.  Thanks for the info.

Slacey

Phil, they are the dogs and I know Mark agrees, so buy one!
I've got the iMR2 Antilfex PRO BTW.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Hehe, cool thanks... a few years down the line perhaps.

Anonymous

Do these go on/help and 03 model at all?

Liz

I was talking to Phil Dye about these and I want one!! Would there be any advantages in starting a group buy for these?

Just read that Mark said that they are doing a group buy - still very tired!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

Kris,

They will fit and they will make a difference. If you do nothing else to either car then all else being equal the difference on an 03 will be less than an 02 because you have more bracing anyway. But you certainly will see a difference.

Liz,

Might be worth talking to IMR2 ref a group UK buy as at the very least you'll save on the shipping. He seems to do a production run every so often so if he's sold out and you approach him with sufficient volume it may be the kick to make some more.

Mark.

Liz

Ok, Have just signed up to spyderchat and will PM him, see what he says and then sort out how many are interested for a GB, Thanks Mark
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"I was talking to Phil Dye about these and I want one!! Would there be any advantages in starting a group buy for these?

Just read that Mark said that they are doing a group buy - still very tired!!

Yep, I have the 'stingerbtry' (sp?) version, bought from a GB on SpyderChat some time ago. It's effectively the same, and either plate performs well, and is highly recommended.

Remember that both the iMR2 and stingerbtry plate are custom-made by their respective designers; these are not commercial products, and therefore only available via a GB-type route. No normal parts dealer will have these, so if you want one, this is the only way.

Tem

Quote from: "pmdye"Remember that both the iMR2 and stingerbtry plate are custom-made by their respective designers; these are not commercial products, and therefore only available via a GB-type route. No normal parts dealer will have these, so if you want one, this is the only way.

True that the ones by iMR2 and stingerbtry are non commercial products. But you can also get similar plate from a normal dealer, at least Cusco makes one.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: