Rear arm bushes

Started by secla, June 13, 2016, 07:21

secla

I'm fitting a new rear subframe soon and thought it would be a good idea to replace the old arm bushes while I'm at it.
Originally liked the look of the hardrace arms but noticed they are all spherical bearings, although my cars a track car I'd still like to be able to use on the road and bearings are a bit high maintenance.
The only other option I see are poly bushes that gt4play sell, anyone used these or have any other options ?

jvanzyl

I've got them on my front and need to do all my rears... I too was hoping for some hardrace ones but was put off by the spherical bearings business...

Anyway - my experience with the front is that things are quite "harsh"... my car has done 123K so I know the suspension could do with a refresh, and I don't know if it's because the suspension is tired or because, really the polys are transmitting everything through.

In all honesty, I will more than likely do polys on the rear and then do the coil overs and aim for the softest setting. Hopefully that will make for a more comfortable ride.

Hope that helps,

John

Tags: