Why aren't new O2 sensor cables long enough??

Started by jvanzyl, June 13, 2016, 14:49

jvanzyl

Hi all,
So I bought some new denso 02 sensors (precat). And the cable they come with is tiny!?

I bought the DOX0204 one's... from sparkplugsUK... have I made a mistake??

Was really hoping for a bit of plug and play here - now it's looking like IF I've got the right one's I'm going to need to do some cable joining...

Dave2002

Bought mine from them and the cables were plenty long enough think 204 is the pre cat ones.
not trying to fit in the post cat sensor think there 206.
Also check the number on the sensor cable is correct they have sent me the wrong cable before.
Blue 2002 sold
Going back to the Blue Oval

Carolyn

Yep - They're supposed to fit with ease.  If not, they are the wrong ones.  That's irritating... lets hope they do the work of arranging the return pick-up.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Topdownman

I would measure the length of the one you got sent, the length of the existing one and e-mail the firm....
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

PhilzMR2

There are two types - precat and postcat. The one near the ground, after the cat, with a long lead, is post cat.

w www.sparkplugs.co.uk w  sell both - click the Additional Information tab when viewing the sensor to see the cable length.

jvanzyl

Thanks guys - I will do some measuring as soon as I get a chance and then see what the deal is!

Hope I'm jolly wrong about this... I will give the engine a quick spray with plus gas after it's cooled down tonight and then hopefully do some quick spannering and get them swapped out after an hour or so! Will let you know how I get on, thanks for the help!

spit

If you're running on the original manifold you should be fine - the cables are piddly short.
If you're fitted with the Che/Ebay clone aftermarket manifold or suchlike then you will likely have an issue with cable length.
Not aware that the DOX0204 spec has been changed. If it has, post up & let us know.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Carolyn

I have put the standard ones on both a standard manifold and a Toyosport.  They were fine on both.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Ardent

as above.
if stock manifold. dox0204 = spot on.

jvanzyl

Thanks folks, happy to report they worked a treat!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

jvanzyl

Cables are exactly the same length

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Tags: