Non-OEM air filters

Started by Peter Laborne, July 28, 2003, 11:07

Peter Laborne

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  Jenny Shipley  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  has just been on the phone to me. They wanted to know if I would authorise a strip-down of the engine "because it has a non-standard air filter" from which "it will be determined the level of warranty contribution".

I said that before I bought the air filter I asked my local dealer if it would affect my warranty. They told me that it would have no effect on my warranty....simple.

However, Jenny said that I should have been told that it should have no effect on my warranty, providing any damage to the engine has not been contributed to by the air filter.

Anonymous

I can see them wriggling from here.  Jeeze.  Hope you sort 'em out.

Comer

Thanks for the tip.  If my engine goes belly up then the stock airbox will be back on before you can say Apexi!

I guess they may have some way of knowing that a greater airflow has been going into the engine but I'll play dumb.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

My stance on all my mods is that if anything goes wrong, the stock bit will be replaced before it goes to the dealer, this is why I keep ALL the bits I remove, just in case!
(This is of course assuming that the thing doesn't explode into a million pieces and has to go straight to a dealer though   s:? :? s:?  )
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Comer"I guess they may have some way of knowing that a greater airflow has been going into the engine

Don't think so...my guess is they are trying to find small dust/dirt particles that would be too big to enter through the stock filter...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Peter

I have had one or two run-ins with that "women"   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  Jenny Shipley  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  In my opinion she does Toyota's reputation no good at all  s:!: :!: s:!:

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Liz

Toyota fitted my A'PEXi, they made me sign a bit of paper to say that it may invalidate my warranty, however, like Sean I have a section in my garage for the removed and replaced bits from my car just in case!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

While I hope Peter gets this sorted out, it may be worth mentioning that the Apexi has the best filtratiopn results of any filter on the market. While the blitz (which Peter has) I beleive came last in a group test.

I must confess that the design of it has always made me suspect about how engine friendly it is.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Comer

Did anyone notice at JAE how nearly all the cars I saw on other stands had the HKS filter. It looks like a big sponge!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

markiii

HKS is the second worst,
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Btw, here's a link to the test:
 m http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filter ... index.html m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: