car cover

Started by alancdavis, January 5, 2005, 21:11

alancdavis

Can any one tell me if a fitted cover is avalable for the roadster as I dont have a garage ,,,,,,,the one I have now looks like a oversize condom,,,no comments please,,,[/url]
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Alan
Can't help much with cover but I purchased one from Halfords that fits ok.  My problem is that the alarm keeps going off with the cover on, have you sorted this?

kanujunkie

Hi Alan,

please find a link below to a GB that was done ages ago on here, i found the link by useing the search button in the top right. Although the GB is over, you may be able to contact the guy who ran it and get details of where to buy one.

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4649&highlight=car+cover
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"GB that was done

Actually a GB that was canceled  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Don't know about a branded cover, but I also picked one up from Halfords and it fits fine - elastic corners lock it securely underneath the car.  s:) :) s:)  

Mark.

Anonymous

I don't know whether you are looking for a full cover or a cover that just covers the soft top, but a storm cover for a MGF just for the soft top area fits fine and keeps ice etc. off the windscreen. Also they are much easier to fit than a full cover when it is windy etc. as they hook onto the wing mirrors and underneath the engine cover. You can get them from Brown and Gammons or Mike Satur. Just do a Google search.

As regards to the alarm going off with the cover on, if you press the lock button 3 times on my 2004 model, the car is still double locked and obviously immobized but it switches of the internal space alarm which causes the problem.

Rod

Anonymous

Glad someone answered regards the alarm, will give it a try in the morning

Anonymous

finally been able to put the cover on with the alarm activated  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: