brakes - Cross drilled / grooved discs?

Started by alancdavis, January 5, 2005, 21:17

alancdavis

who knows where to get cross drilled and groved discs for the roadster
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

and you need them because?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

This should probably be in the Appearance area...but DBA makes them:
 m http://www.dba.com.au/default.asp m

There are also some "nameless" sets in eBay for very cheap, but I'd stay away from those...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

so.simple

My 2 cents: You're not going to improve your braking by changing your rotors. You can even make it worse if you install drilled rotors. Drilles rotors were "invented" when the brake pads released a "gas" when used heavily, reducing the brake power, so the holes helped extracting that. Slotted, on the other hand, shave a bit of the brake pad, hopefully increasing its grip.

In the end, it's just an appearance mod.
Carlos

Slacey

If you are serious (there really has yet to be a genuine reason to upgrade our excellent stock brakes) then see here...

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14420 m
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

I found some on ebay that i posted which were zinc coated.  Again this would be an appearance mod but at least you wouldn't have to worry about them going rusty   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I have fitted Black Diamond drilled and grooved disks and pads to my Scorpio cosworth and to our previous car a 3.0 X Type and in both cases have seen a significant improvement with just the fronts but both cars had poor brakes for 150mph armchairs.

However, I have no intention of swapping on the 2 because the brakes are excellent BUT when they need replacing I will consider the Black diamonds again because I am sure they will be miles cheaper than Mr t's

Tem

Quote from: "stevewarbs"I have fitted Black Diamond

Did they stay black or did they rust?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

after 2 years they are still black, apart from the face the pads rub on.

Tags: