My Black 01 PFL

Started by SDB278, June 22, 2016, 23:00

SDB278

So after saying Hi and introducing myself, I thought I should get some pics up and start a page, and have just realised today is my 2's 15th birthday.

I have had the car for around 2 years since it was passed down from my mum, so I am the 3rd owner. My mum had it for around 10 years.
Some specs and info:

2001 PFL just over 10,000 miles covered.
Hardtop
Red leather
A/C
Sony 6 CD auto changer
Floor mats
Carbon Fibre Effect Instrument surround
Exhaust Trim

I thought some of these were standard but these were all  listed as options in the accessory brochure.

It is very original and has always been garaged and serviced on time intervals with Mr T, not on mileage, so has probably been over serviced!

I have all the books, FTSH, brochure etc that came with it. Still on original Advans which I will change due to age.

Due to originality and condition, I will probably keep it that way, or any mods I would keep to OEM or TTE etc.

I will probably fit a Matts brace if they come up, and possibly some lower TTE springs. But I do fancy a set of FL side vents, rear bumper inserts and clear side repeaters.
I like the PFL front bumper and lower number plate mount. It's all personal preference!

But then looking through the forum threads, there are some really nice cars and mods. I do like the Elise wheels that I have seen on a couple, and of course a turbo – maybe I need a project car as well.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I have been reading about all the things that could go wrong, which I probably have to look forward to as the mileage goes up which would have probably already have gone wrong in the last 15 years of normal mileage, but without the benefit of a warranty to sort them. I still have pre cats. The forum has been a great source of info and problem solving, and I don't mind getting stuck in with spanners etc if needed.

Just passed MOT, and next job is cleaning the corrosion off the cam cover.

It won't be a daily driver as I do around 30,000 miles a year, but I really enjoy getting out for a drive at weekend and evenings, and don't mind adding some miles on.

Pics below if I have done the photobucket thing right.

StuC

WOW, pictures are even more impressive than the mileage. Great condition.

I agree with you on the nice to have FL bits, but I prefer my PFL front bumper too.  s:-D :-D s:-D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Bernie

Wow great looking 2 you have, keep up the standards
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

VidarH

Wow she looks great!
Norwegian with a red 00-Spyder. Use it as my daily driver   \":D\"

shnazzle

Very impressive! That's a very well cared for car with ridiculously low mileage
...neutiquam erro.

SDB278

Changed side vents form pfl to sable fl. they look better on the car than the pics.im still undecided if I prefer them.

SDB278

SDB278

And the car needs a good clean a polish!!

shnazzle

Shiny

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Some devs keyhole covers and since fl clear indicators would help to finish off that side view picture.   :-) :-) :-)

SDB278

That's next on the list!   s:) :) s:)

SDB278

Smoked clear side repeaters fitted.

Orange bulb used, as chrome bulb option did not show up. Not much fried egg effect. Allegedly E marked, but must be small. OEM ones will come with me to mot in case quick swap needed!

BHAFAN

Mint!

StuC

There was a member on here a while back doing the body coloured to order. The result was pretty much what you have. Were those an eBay special?

SDB278

Got them from mr2 Ben. Same as eBay, can't remember the brand will look when I get home and dig out part number. Smoked colour, quite a tight fit in the clip, but bulb holder and seal fit well. Chrome light was far too dim to be seen imho. No probs with mot last week either.

Tags: