My Ride - Battered, bruised but nothing that cant be fixed!

Started by bholding1974, June 28, 2016, 09:52

bholding1974

Hey All

As mentioned in my introduction yesterday - THIS is my new (to me) MR2 and as mentions she really does need a little TLC...

Bazzy \"8)\"

andyroo104

That's what makes the mk3 even better, all panels can easily be replaced.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Jrichards20

Poor little 2  s:( :( s:( . Glad its got an owner now that can take care if it and bring it back to its former glory! You should be able to replace the dented panels rather easily and shouldn't cost you more than a couple of hundred if you want to replace most of them.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

bholding1974

She is still really pretty though; she will have shiney eyes and a new coat in no time!

Chuffed to bits that the panels all come off easily enough - that saves a whole lot of work (just have to find them in silver!)
Bazzy \"8)\"

Chilli Girl

Like Josh says, its nice that you are bringing back this 2 to its former glory, good to hear. I should think it wdnt be too hard to find silver, there's loads of us Silvers!  s:D :D s:D   Looking forward to hearing how you get on.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

J03

Quote from: "bholding1974"Chuffed to bits that the panels all come off easily enough - that saves a whole lot of work (just have to find them in silver!)

Plenty of PlusGas & take your time with the panel bolts. They'll be rusted to buggery & will shear at the slightest hint of a spanner   s:D :D s:D
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

shnazzle

Brilliant thread.
These are the ones that stand out because you know in 6 months to a year from now, there's going to be a whole lot of pictures of the newly resurrected MR2.
Welcome! Looking forward to the progress
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"I should think it wdnt be too hard to find silver, there's loads of us Silvers!  s:D :D s:D  

Yes there are!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

There is a 'how to' on here about removing the rear quarter. Doors are pretty straight forward too.
I am pleased to see the sill untouched.

Front bumper is easy too. Worth having a look at the radiator whilst yoy are down there.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Chilli Girl

I was 'just sayin' Stu.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

SDB278

This looks like a nice project. I look forward to following this.   s:) :) s:)

bholding1974

Quote from: "shnazzle"Brilliant thread.
These are the ones that stand out because you know in 6 months to a year from now, there's going to be a whole lot of pictures of the newly resurrected MR2.
Welcome! Looking forward to the progress

Money is the main issue and that fact that this is my first project car (although have always wanted one but never had the space).

I am blessed, however, with a father-in-law who knows everything there is to know about cars and can help guide me along the way - in all reality I think he is just as enthusiastic about fixing Winnie (yes, she has a name already) as I am!

Looking to change the roof as one of the first priorities - red or black????
Bazzy \"8)\"

shnazzle

Red looks great on silver. There's a few of them on the forum. Really makes it pop
...neutiquam erro.

lamcote

I would go blue if available.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Topdownman

Red on silver looks almost as good as on a sable!!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Kimmy50

Looking forward to seeing her Winnie restored to former glory and defo go for the Red...If I needed to replace my hood on my Silver 'Toyah' ( I don't, it's in great nick) I would go for red  :-) :-) :-)

bholding1974

I think the red looks kinda classy (not at all like us!) so may have to go for that!  Roll on winter so I can get her booked in!!!
Bazzy \"8)\"

Tags: