How do I fit my Markiii inlet pipe?

Started by markiii, January 10, 2005, 18:14

Kool PT

Fitment was fine for me but the angle of the sticky-out bit wasn't. Had to bash it upwards (facing me if I were looking down at its placement in the bay) before it would align properly with the screw hole AND fit properly into both ends.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Anonymous

I must have got the same one as Kool PT as it fitted at both end no problem, did not even remove the rear light cluster. I think someone had removed the old pipe before as is was not connected at the support screw under the expansion bottle, So I fitted the new pipe the same way. Will check it when checking oil etc and adjust/fix the support screw fixing it needed.

Cheers, Bob

Anonymous

i had a bit of trouble getting the pipe in yesterday.  it pretty much didn't go into the airbox.  so i fitted it anyway but used some pretty good tape to seal the ends to both airbox and pipe from the intake.  i know as this is pre filter, it doesn't have to be air tight, but do you think it'll be ok?

ad_car_08

I fit my pipe and TRD filter on saturday, but haven't noticed any change at all   s:? :? s:?   Even reset the ECU at the same time incase that would make some difference, but nay!

I wasn't expecting Ferrari noises resonating from the engine bay, nor did I expect Bugatti Veyron performance....but I was hopeing for something to change!
I'm feeling a little disappointed to be honest   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

Hi Markiii,

Sounds interesting - I've just started modding my MR2 - K&N filter already fitted, fancy one of these inlet pipes to go with it.  Could you tell me where I could get one from and how much they are?  Gutting the pre-cats the next job (though sounds a bit scary!)   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

Thanks!

Ilogik

how does the Markii work? where does it sit? anyone have apiccy?

Where for the MAF go ? as on my Blitz LM it fits pretty snug and the wire is short.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

SteveJ

Quote from: "Ilogik"how does the Markii work? where does it sit? anyone have apiccy?

Where for the MAF go ? as on my Blitz LM it fits pretty snug and the wire is short.

It's a replacement for the restricted pipe coming out of the wing and going into stock airbox. You did read the thread didnt you?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Ilogik

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "Ilogik"how does the Markii work? where does it sit? anyone have apiccy?

It's a replacement for the restricted pipe coming out of the wing and going into stock airbox. You did read the thread didnt you?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Ahh i thought it was to place induction kit further back   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Here you go, this show's you where it fits, it's just below the pink over flow tank you can see in the pic.

Rob

Ilogik

Quote from: "FGRob"Here you go, this show's you where it fits, it's just below the pink over flow tank you can see in the pic.

Rob

Thanks for that mate, so from what I see, Maf is plugged into the old box, the pipe extends further back with a filter on the end.  Shame there is nothing i can extend mine back with  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"Thanks for that mate, so from what I see, Maf is plugged into the old box, the pipe extends further back with a filter on the end.  Shame there is nothing i can extend mine back with  s:( :( s:(

I've not got a filter on the end of mine, the Markiii pipe fits into the existing feeder pipe which feeds over the inner rear wing. You can make it out in this next photo.

Rob.

SandmanMR2

Just fitted my inlet pipe and no probs but bloody hell it takes some force to get it into the airbox opening lol, not driven it yet so dont know about sound/performance etc
Previously owned a 06 MR2 Roadster TF edition No.117 - Debadged Rear - Midship Front Badge - PPE Intake - TTE Springs - TTE Twin Exhaust - Pre-Cats Removed - Cobra Sports Cat - RAF Tornado Black OEM Alloys With Midship Badges - RAF Tornado Black TRD Style Spoiler

Now the proud owner of a Crystal Pearl White 2010 Mazda 3 MPS

Anonymous

hey im getin an mr2 in 5 month and ive been looking at bodykits and exhaust for them and ive found tht all the exhaust iv seen in videos bein fitted you need to take the rear bumper off is that true or is there another way and if so does anybody know a really great exhaust place that would do the mr2

markiii

you can but its far easier to just drop the bumper
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Turbotrucker

I've bought a markiii pipe from ebay!! I can't wait to get it fitted.
  This forum provides lots of good, accurate info!! Thanks all!
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

Mad Matt

If it's a question of having several orders before "knocking out a batch", I'd be interested too. Otherwise I'll keep an eye on auction sites or perhaps look for a PPE kit.

Anonymous

Hello,
Finally, probably a bit obvious but stock pipe is attached to a bit of metal by a rubber screw/popper (similra to the one holding the LH air pipe, and that has to come out before twisting to get the pipe out. Mark missed that from his instructions - probably just on oversight.

loadswine

I just wonder if anyone fitting one of these , who has had a TTE ducktail spoiler, has any tips for getting the install done. Getting the rear light out is a nono with the spoiler fitted. Not for my car in this instance, but my good friend Nathan in Corfu.  s:) :) s:)
Edit, sorry that is the Toyota ducktail spoiler as TTE didn't do that one.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Took nearly a year for anyone to spot it though.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

markiii

apologies for not posting earlier a week and scotland a dose of some kind of stomach bug haven't helped keep me on teh ball

big will - the pipes made perhaps 2  or 3 GBs ago had a swage on teh end whihc caused fitment problems due to the hard plastic on teh airbox having no give, we therefore went back to teh earlier design whihc doesn;t have teh swage and is a little losse in fit. The best approach is a small ring of draft excludr whihc will perform teh same job as teh foam padding on teh stock pipe and allow a snug fit.

Nige - with teh ducktail spoiler (Toyota not TTE) you have 3 choices

1. remove teh spooiler to get to teh light, its not that hard mechancially but depends on whether it was bonded on or not.

2. remove wheel and arch liner and attack from below,  

3. remove teh airbox first and then the stock pipe

the good news is that the oem pipe has a half bracket so you can just twist it to remove you don't actually need the bolt out first
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

deadmau5

I have the duck tail spoiler. I have removed it a couple of times. There are 5 screws that go from the spoiler and have nuts that hold them on the inside of the bumper. There are also 5 support brackets that connect the spoiler screws to the screws and clips that run along the top of the bumper. Put your hand in there and you will feel them.The two outer ones are a  sbastard bastard sbastard  to get to, I have to  contort my arm through those black bracket/support bars that go over the heatshield. The easiest way to loosen them is with a very stubby 10mm spanner.

If it was there from new, it shouldn't be bonded, there is just a rubber seal that goes around the edge.

pazaz21

A quick question.  This is to let more air flow into the air box????  Why not just take the old pipe off and not use one or is it to stop hot air from going into the airbox??

Without the pipe, the air would still be filtered but it would come from the engine bay and there is a much bigger hole for it to be sucked through.

Its only an idea??
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

markiii

precisely that

without teh pipe it becomes a hot air intake

pazaz21

so like an induction kit (sucking in warm air) without the induction kit and probably less airflow due to the small opening in the airbox    s:D :D s:D
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

JoniiBoii

is this ok guys ''as in the airbox far enough?''

doesnt move at all nice and sturdy.

Chris H

mine is held in place with two large jubilee clips,one at each end,
thanks to will supplying them when i bought is mark iii pipe.......  s:) :) s:)

Tags: