2005 underbracing lower front,mid,rear,arb £1000 budget

Started by John is200sport, July 28, 2016, 20:52

John is200sport

I'm a new member (2 weeks) with a 2005 standard car 94k car, it's going on for dinitrol rustproofing underbody and cavities in 8 weeks.

As a late facelift it has factory bracing.

I want all the underneath bracing sorted before dinitrol and looking for advice. Ideally I would go for full corky set up but it $1500 then delivery and tax plus tight schedule.

I'm looking at ultra racing as they seem ok from what I've read.

Thinking off

front and rear lower brace la4-651 & rl2-652
Front and rear arb ar23-181 & ar19-070
Front and rear upper Strut Brace tw2 957 & re4-958 not desperate for this obviously.

Need a mid lower brace, would ideally have members from corky but not at $675, brest plate looks ok at $166, Matt doesn't make them anymore, kimitech makes them but unsure about machining quality of welds and bolt holes.

Any advice or support welcome. I definitely will do lower mid brace as a priority then front struts.

Budget £1000 but would like to get for £800 as the dinitrol is costing a lot. Thanks in advance.

Jrichards20

I think your over playing it with a budget of £1000. Should be able to do it all for no more than £500 with some waiting and searching mate.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

lamcote

Isn't there an issue with fitting an aftermarket front lower brace and a mid lower brace? I think they both need to fit in the same mounting points so you can't have both, unless someone knows different?
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

John is200sport

I think there can be a conflict if fitting the full corky midship brace and not fitting corky front lower brace and going different supplier.

Just bought corky brest plate anyway. Will see what happens with that trial purchase and possibly buy some more parts from them later.  Will try and not get trigger happy with purchases until I can fit this.

If I go the corky route will possibly buy the full mid brace next year or just keep the brest plate and go ultra racing route. I don't hang about when buying cars or parts for cars.

Thanks guys.

Anonymous

I got the full corky and can say the full on mid brace for corky is worth it. The lower front don't fit due to design changes but I'm sure that would be an easy sell on here. Also the lower rear like the full on mid connects loads more points than any other brace giving it a big advantage.

The Other Stu

Someone's selling some bracing on Facebook.

Dunno if this is what you're after?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2244413488/?fref=nf
Look for Eddie Chiu's post.
No Longer Here

John is200sport

Quote from: "The Other Stu"Someone's selling some bracing on Facebook.

Dunno if this is what you're after?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2244413488/?fref=nf
Look for Eddie Chiu's post.

Thanks for this, I'm having to give some thought to this as I don't fancy going to London yet to pick them up. Corky has refunded me as their website checkout did not add the correct postage, I need to call them to discuss a few things.

The TRD stuff looks great but I'm more bothered about underneath at the moment. I'd offer £475 for all three braces as can't justify anymore. I know the front lower brace is a good item but wanted to look at the corky route all matching and designed to work together though I fear it will be too costly to justify.

Thanks for the Facebook page though, not really on it with my proper name but have a fake account for that purpose.

The Other Stu

No worries, saw it this afternoon and remembered your post. That's what we're all here for  s;) ;) s;)
No Longer Here

Tags: