Mondo's Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

Started by Mondo, September 6, 2016, 08:37

Mondo

Morning all,

I thought I'd start a thread on here for my car, even though it's not an MR2. It's a 1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo.   s:D :D s:D  

This is the SWB 2-seater variant and is a rare factory manual too. The majority of these cars seem to be automatics so I was very pleased when this one popped up!

I've owned her since October 2014 and there's been a considerable amount of love and money lavished on her in that time. I'll put a spec list at the bottom of this post. But here she is, in all her glory:

Spec list:

Body:

Standard SWB T-Top shell
FRP 89 Spec boot spoiler
Genuine Nissan "blackout" strip
Chrome boot decals
Unknown FRP chin spoiler
Genuine Nissan front and rear spats (SWB specific)
Genuine Nissan 99 Spec rear lights and tail panel (illuminated)
Brand new genuine Nissan roof and windscreen mouldings
Brand new genuine Nissan centre hook
Brand new genuine Nissan scuttle panels
Brand new genuine Nissan nose badge (red / silver)
Brand new Kuruma Z door and quarterglass mouldings
Clear side repeaters
Smoked rear marker lights with LEDs
Detangoed and smoked JDM front indicators
Front foglights fitted with 6 x LEDs (white) and smoked housings
Headlights fitted with 6000k 55w HIDs
Volvo V70 washer jets
Resprayed May 2015 in Nissan 673 Silver, with gloss black roof bars, B pillars and moustache

Interior:

Recaro Speed seats with optional factory subframes
Chrome dial rings
S2 doorcard armrests
S2 digital climate control
S2 illuminated driver's side window switch
Seat outers trimmed in Andrew Muirhead Sateen Virginia leather
Seat centres trimmed in Red Ochre Alcantara
Interior panels trimmed in Red Ochre Alcantara
Gear and handbrake gaiters and armrests trimmed in Virginia leather and Alcantara
Steering wheel, gearknob and handbrake handle (all OEM items) trimmed in Andrew Muirhead Sateen Black leather (solid and perforated)
Binnacle cover trimmed in Andrew Muirhead Jura Ash Grey leather with maroon topstitching
All interior lighting replaced with red and white LEDs

Engine:

Fully forged VG30DETT engine
Timing belt, pulleys, water pump, fuel filter all replaced April 2015
Candy Red throttle cover and timing covers
Polished plenum and coilpack brackets
Chromed balance bar and water pipes
Polished hard pipes
Polished throttle spring covers
Red silicone couplers and water pipes
Standard turbos
16 PSI boost jets
AMS 3" stainless steel expansion downpipes
Custom 3" exhaust system by Infinity Exhausts
Godspeed SMICs with black silicone pipework
Japtek SMIC ducts
Selin dual-MAF intake and translator
Apexi cone filters
Alloy radiator with OEM fan shroud
Brake master cylinder brace
Socketed ECU with John Dixon chip
WinFactory dual bonnet struts

Transmission:

Factory 5 speed manual gearbox
XTD lightened flywheel
XTD uprated paddle clutch
Z1 Motorsports one-piece propshaft
Reconditioned starter motor fitted April 2016
Nismo transmission mount

Brakes & Suspension:

Meister-R Zeta R coilovers
Whiteline front ARB and polybushes
Polybushed front tension rods
Brembo 350Z front discs (345mm)
Front caliper adaptor brackets
Standard Sumitomo calipers (4 pot front, 2 pot rear), painted Candy Red and fitted with brand new seals and pistons February 2016
Stainless steel braided brake hoses front and rear
Rear HICAS arms and balljoints replaced April 2016
Rear subframe locking collars

Wheels & Tyres:

Calibre CC-F alloy wheels in gunmetal grey (ET35) , 8.5" x 19" front and 10" x 19" rear
20mm bolt-on H&R spacers on front hubs
Custom-made "Z" centre caps

If anyone has any questions or opinions, feel free to ask or voice them!   s8) 8) s8)
[centre]Hide'N'Seat Auto Interiors - bespoke leatherwork and interior refurbishment, hand-crafted in County Durham[/centre]

[centre]Website    ]Facebook[/url][/centre]

lamcote

Wow, that looks awesome. It's amazing how many brilliant cars come from the Japanese manufacturers and how much they are overlooked because people are fixated on German cars, even though the things that really make the Germans' reputation (reliability/engineering skill) seems to be done better in the Japanese cars!
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Topdownman

What a fantastic looking car you have there. Looks brand new!

Those wheels really suit the car too.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Jrichards20

Fantastic condition!! Looks great.

What's the power of that?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Mondo

Thanks guys!

She was in a bit of a sorry state when I got her; a fair few dents, tired and scuffed paintwork, the spoiler was wrecked and the interior was tatty beyond belief... I've spent a good few thousand on her and, while she's not perfect, she's a superb example.  s:D :D s:D

Powerwise... not sure. She's not been on a dyno during my ownership but the combination of the modifications should put me somewhere around the 400bhp mark. At some point, I'll upgrade the turbos and injectors, and get a custom map, which should see her knocking on the door of 500bhp. But that's a long way off yet...

Even at her current power levels, she pulls like a train and is more than capable of holding her own against far more modern machinery. And when the sun's out and the roof is tucked away in the boot, it's just such a nice place to be!

Easily my favourite car I've ever owned!
[centre]Hide'N'Seat Auto Interiors - bespoke leatherwork and interior refurbishment, hand-crafted in County Durham[/centre]

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Mondo"Powerwise... not sure. She's not been on a dyno during my ownership but the combination of the modifications should put me somewhere around the 400bhp mark.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

holy crap.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Mondo

Quote from: "Jrichards20"
Quote from: "Mondo"Powerwise... not sure. She's not been on a dyno during my ownership but the combination of the modifications should put me somewhere around the 400bhp mark.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

holy crap.

That's pedestrian for these cars!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

A lot of them in this country are around the same sort of figure as mine should be. Then there are those who want to break the "magic" 500bhp barrier.

And then there's a friend of mine who spent a fortune having his engine built and it was dyno'd at 621bhp! By all accounts, it was all but useless in anything but absolutely bone-dry conditions...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

cptspaulding

That's gorgeous

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Mondo

Quote from: "cptspaulding"That's gorgeous

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

She is a pretty little thing, I have to admit. Definitely a car to turn around and look back at when you're walking away....   s:D :D s:D

Tags: