balloon inflate noise

Started by ad_car_08, October 6, 2016, 17:11

ad_car_08

Hi all,
So it was my day off today and I had a couple of things I wanted to do (haircut, shopping etc etc) - not been out in my MR2 for over a week so a run out was long overdue!
It felt really weird and skittish at first like when you're dancing in HGV tramlines...I even got out and checked my tyre pressures and poked about - all seemed OK. After a bit, it seemed to have sorted itself out, or I just got used to it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anyway, at every stop I made, when I'd got back into the car and pulled away for the first time, I always heard a weird noise. I can only explain it as the sound of a balloon inflating - you know when you puff out a large amount of air to get it started?
Like I said, only happened the first time I'd pulled away having stopped and got out the car. Subsequently I'd stop at traffic lights etc and not hear the noise again?!

Any ideas?!!   s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

StuC

Blow up doll on the passenger seat?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

ad_car_08

I need to take it back, because it clearly has a puncture..

But seriously... Seemed to come from the drivers side front corner
[/size]

StuC

From the inside of the car?

ad_car_08

I can't be sure. Could be under the frunk/bonnet
[/size]

StuC

Might sound daft... How is the power steering fluid level?

cowelly

sounds like an intake air leak. If you have a turbo I would deff say it was a leak on the turbo pipes as that happened to my van, a whooshing sound when accelerating

ad_car_08

Quote from: "cowelly"sounds like an intake air leak. If you have a turbo I would deff say it was a leak on the turbo pipes as that happened to my van, a whooshing sound when accelerating

I wish!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Good shout Stu, I'll check to be sure
[/size]

Tags: